World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the Forum and am looking for some information for our trip in a couple of weeks (11 - 18 September). I have read some of the past threads and am really excited, although I would like some information on a couple of things.

Especially interested if anyone can confirm whether the ferry from the island operates early on a Sunday (as we have a Sunday flight home).

Also interested in what we would be likely to catch in September and what methods and tackle are best.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Like I said, have a chat with the locals :)

And maybe Hurtigruten should update the ferry schedule...:oops:
It is not always so easy to read the ferry schedules no matter where one wants to go.

I am one of the locals, and I will try to answer all questions as good as I can. Which also is one of the reasons I'm here :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the fishing is similar to the week we had there in the last week of July your in for a mindblowing week.

Alot of fish found at around 40 meters down in 70-110 meter depth. Silver Norway pirks 250grm to 350grm with 12/0 trebles worked really well as did a few other pirks. Big baits on the bottom near where fresh water runs down the mountain to the fjords is a good bet for halibut. And a few sidewinders are handy to have.

And chat to your host Hegge she will be in the know of where is and is not fishing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information, I am really looking forward to the trip now.

Dintur have passed on contact details for our host and I will be in contact this week hopefully.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to Havnnes from Tromso airport and whether the best route is driving by road to Rotsund or taking the more direct route using multiple ferries (a routeplanner I have looked at suggested the direct route with ferries, whilst directions from Dintur suggests the drive by road route.)?

·
Registered
748 Posts

Dintur have passed on contact details for our host and I will be in contact this week hopefully.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to Havnnes from Tromso airport and whether the best route is driving by road to Rotsund or taking the more direct route using multiple ferries (a routeplanner I have looked at suggested the direct route with ferries, whilst directions from Dintur suggests the drive by road route.)?

Personally I would avoid ferries at all cost, as I hate to wait, and the roads you will have to drive to avoid them is likely to be a lot better.

But again, I am not local to the area, so again, contact your host, they should be able to give you more informed advice.

·
Registered
35 Posts

It depends on who you are flying with and the times of the flights, we flew with Norweigan and went to travel the road route until a sat nav error sent us to the second ferry causing us to miss the last ferry to Havness. Luckily our host Hegge and her family picked up 20 eager fisherman and 40 odd bags in there boat.

They then ferried us back for the journey home by road which took around 3 and a half hours nice views but to tired to enjoy them and had to concentrate on not falling asleep at the wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts