World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok went down to Hayling Friday night, was meant to be taking my lad but he was not feeling up to it. Had to go myself as trying out the Triplex 14' that i had picked up earlier that day. it was 2 hours before high down at Sandy Point but not quite sandy Point if you know what i mean both rod s set up, 3 hook flapper. and a pulley 2/0 rig. The pulley went first, hound on! then the flapper went, Bream on (they will have to wait) Only a small hound of 5 1/2 lb then the bream, double hook up both about a pound. As the night fell changed over the flapper to a pulley.
As the night went on had 8 hounds to 8lb ( still waiting on the double) and a few smallish bass to about 1 1/2lb (not weighed) (they all went back)

The rod is fantastic it bangs it out a long way.

But a tale to beware, was using a red lamp so not to scare any close in fish, was reeling in one of the rods and swung the lead i did not see it and smacked me just below the left eye. with the grip going in by my cheek bone. A little higher and it would not have been very nice. Did bleed a bit though, but a roughy toughy bloke (no sense no feeling) had a great shiner thats still there.

Anyway , after my lad heard about his dads night out went down sunday night, did have the beach lamp on this time as my lad dont like the dark to much. Dont know if this made anydifference. He had 6 schoolies close in (20-40yrds) none of my distance(more than ususal, thankyou triplex) crab baits where touched. Just goes to show right time right place.

Working away for the next couple of weeks in Bristol, so look out for the South west reports on the BC

V tight lines all , speak to you again soon:fishing1::fishing1:

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
My wife and I went Sunday afternoon 3 till 7.30 had 8 small bass & 1 small flounder all on rag .20.... 30 yds out .Very windy ,no weed a very enjoyable session,quite a few fishing along the front.Pete.

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Ok went down to Hayling Friday night, was meant to be taking my lad but he was not feeling up to it. Had to go myself as trying out the Triplex 14' that i had picked up earlier that day. it was 2 hours before high down at Sandy Point but not quite sandy Point if you know what i mean both rod s set up, 3 hook flapper. and a pulley 2/0 rig. The pulley went first, hound on! then the flapper went, Bream on (they will have to wait) Only a small hound of 5 1/2 lb then the bream, double hook up both about a pound. As the night fell changed over the flapper to a pulley.
As the night went on had 8 hounds to 8lb ( still waiting on the double) and a few smallish bass to about 1 1/2lb (not weighed) (they all went back)

The rod is fantastic it bangs it out a long way.

But a tale to beware, was using a red lamp so not to scare any close in fish, was reeling in one of the rods and swung the lead i did not see it and smacked me just below the left eye. with the grip going in by my cheek bone. A little higher and it would not have been very nice. Did bleed a bit though, but a roughy toughy bloke (no sense no feeling) had a great shiner thats still there.

Anyway , after my lad heard about his dads night out went down sunday night, did have the beach lamp on this time as my lad dont like the dark to much. Dont know if this made anydifference. He had 6 schoolies close in (20-40yrds) none of my distance(more than ususal, thankyou triplex) crab baits where touched. Just goes to show right time right place.

Working away for the next couple of weeks in Bristol, so look out for the South west reports on the BC

V tight lines all , speak to you again soon:fishing1::fishing1:
Great report there mate......nicely put together to make it even more enjoyable, well done. :clap:

Good luck in Bristol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts