World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to fish the inlet channel to Langston Harbour tomorrow. Never been before. I'm told you can park almost on the beach with only a few steps to start fishing. Wife has serious ankle injury and can't walk. Any info on parking, access, how its fishing, bait ,tackle etc most welcome. Where can I buy bait? I will be coming from Brighton M23, A23

·
Registered
279 Posts
Langstone run is easy parking and not far to the sea but the tide rips through the run at about 5 knots so would suggest u go to the sea front by the life boat station this is where most of the locals fish and paiges tackle shop is only 5mins drive from there hope this helps tight lines.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. Is the lifeboat house at east end of Hayling seafront? How close to fishing can I park - wife's foot!!!! Where is the tackle shop?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The tackle shop is in an area called west town.

As you go on to Hayling over the bridge, carry on for about a mile and on the right you'll see a country road called West Lane. Head all the way down this to the bottom. At the bottom, turn right and head along this road until the end. The tackle shop is there to your right on the corner.

If you turn right at this junction and then turn left after about 400yds into Staunton Avenue, head down this to the end and you'll be at the sea front.

I'm not sure where the best places to fish are along here, but you'll come out at an area known as Beachlands (near a pub called the inn on the beach). Turning right takes you up to the ferry boat that goes over to portsmouth and left takes you down towards a fairground area. Both areas have parking and certainly at the fairground end, it's pay and display.

Hope that helps a little?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Information most useful. Tackle dealer excellent - many very good deals on rods + reels. Helpful information. Good bait! Thanks. The east end by the lifeboat was ideal - wife and bad foot stayed by car and I cleared seaweed 25 yards away but close enough for her to hear me swearing. Gave in after 3 hours. Unfishable cos of weed. Local said been like it 4 weeks and needs a good storm to clear it. I will return- it was an excellent mark! Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts