World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been down to Hayling recently ?.Thought I may give it a try this evening.Not too bothered about what is being caught as long as the weed situation is not to bad.Thought of going to Eastoke or Inn on the beach,Pete.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
hi dude

went down last night, was going to selsey with my lad but he wasnt well so just popped down to the road.

Any way enough of that and back to the report, startd at 7pm lots of bream about, to about 1lb, didnt get anything of any size until after dak when it was a pup a chuck, fished east as far down the road as you can park.
Largerst pup 61/2ib largest bream 11/4 lb. a good little session, wish i could have stayed on for a few more hours.:punk::punk:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you go, watch out for weaver fish. Fished Eastoke daytime yesterday and caught one as well as a tiny wrasse.

Seems a bit too choppy for the Mackerel at the moment. If I go tonight I will try small hooks and baits for bream, and move up to bigger baits after dark for hounds and bass.

Eastoke beaches look a mess with the dredger ship building up the beach on high tides so maybe steer clear of the fenced-off areas.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just go down further, if i wasnt so lazy would have fished the point last. there are better fish there but it is tough fishing, use uptide leads to hold bottom.
Crab is King, or massive rag with slipper point works good to.:punk::punk:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts