World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
Well after a rather disappointing day at eaststoke corner on hayling 8 am till 2 pm with an 11.30 am tide, there were big schools of mackerel about 50 yards out as the high tide came in, but sadly out of the 5 of us we all blanked, a mate landed a small sea breem in the last minute, which was returned.

I really dont think the crowds on the beach and them swimming in between the same breakers we were fishing helped angry.

so im thinking of going again tonight(got loads of bait left), but am undecided as to where to go, sandy point or east stoke corner again, this time for the 12.15 HT tonight. And to see if anyone from here is going, so i can say hi etc.

also any tips or advise for a newbie for there would be great
lets hope i get a fish2

beer1 ALL

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Hi Alex, HT is 01:15 tonight - you need to add an hour for BST. It is a big tide so Sandy Point might be difficult, but good luck wherever you try.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Mackeminexile,
thanks for the reply.......... I went to selsey in the end, i blanked, but i got there just before high tide:bangin: as we had family round so just went along to check out exactly where the mark is etc and see what was being hauled in.
I was the last guy nearest the funfair and i nice guy next to me landed 3 while i was there making his lot 12 i think!!! nice:punk:

But they stoped biting 5-10 mins after i cast, i had 3 good tugs on the line but sadly no hook up, think i had a wee bit too much squid on the hook, had no crab left.

So off to selsey again tonight, going to get my own crabs at 6 tonight so lets see if i have better luck.

I have read and learnt so much on here and other sites i think im getting there.

Come on the hounds:punk:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Alex 71
I,m going to Hayling tomorrow (sunday) for the sixth sunday on the trot, i,m a newbie also and have been struggling alot, but the last two trips have seen a pup, a bass, and a bream on both occassions , so must be doing something right even though all three added together wouldn,t have made two pounds in weight, but i,m sure something decent will come along in the future-----------just when ?

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts