World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Fished Drayton angling clubs match at Hayling last night from 8.00 till 01.00 and the weed was a nightmare .We fished from the Nab car park going to the East towards Sandy point those in front of the car park faired better with the weed but the further you went towards the point the worse it got.In under a minute the weed was dragging you hard left and one of our guys lost 10 sets of gear.By 10.30 five of us who had all lost gear to the weed gave up as it became unfishable at our end.With 2 hours of the match left when I went home not much had been caught just a few pout,whiting,small bream the,odd school bass and my small thornback ray.
Cheers
Pete

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Hi,
Fished Drayton angling clubs match at Hayling last night from 8.00 till 01.00 and the weed was a nightmare .We fished from the Nab car park going to the East towards Sandy point those in front of the car park faired better with the weed but the further you went towards the point the worse it got.In under a minute the weed was dragging you hard left and one of our guys lost 10 sets of gear.By 10.30 five of us who had all lost gear to the weed gave up as it became unfishable at our end.With 2 hours of the match left when I went home not much had been caught just a few pout,whiting,small bream the,odd school bass and my small thornback ray.
Cheers
Pete
Just returned from an early session there this morning, I swear i will neeeeeeeeeeeeever go there again!!!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
the big cod are targeted 1hr before low on-wards. It's weed free too, even at the entrance point. 3 or 4 hrs up pack up and move to the surf beaches.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ended up at Eaststoke last night
Anything dropped in short washed straight back up on the beach, even with a 6oz gripper.
Anything out mid range wouldn't hold bottom
Everything got covered in weed
After the third time my line snapped, and braving it out for 3 hours I packed up and went home.
Still plenty of people there when I went though

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
At some point later at eaststoke the tide and weed would have to slack off and perhaps that's why others still waiting for when packing up? I know i would. Have caught small coddling there in the past at this time of year so no surprise what they might be after.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i was over eastoke last nite too half eight till about twelve, was ok at first but became a complete nitemare me and my mate both took it down to one rod each then about an hour later gave up completely, only fish caught between us was a bass about 3 pound wich was hooked on a rig id lost a little bit earlier that was now tangled up with my mates line, oh well at least i got my weight back in one piece. wont be going there again for a while

1 - 6 of 6 Posts