World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Mrs asks to go fishing it’s rude to say no!
Stopped at Micks opposite the front for a 1/4 rag hoping to bag up on whiting for the Mrs..
how wrong I was ..
set her up on a 3 hook flapper and first cast she landed her first dogfish, and now I’m thinking ... is it going to be a bad day for me..
Soon after she landed a double shot of smoothound pup’s .. no surprise they’re still about with how warm it is!
Next up was my turn, while trying to sort out the bait I saw the classic pull down and slack line... thinking yessssssss something good, lifted in to it and yep a dead weight.. my mind was flooding with options of what could have fancied my ginormous squid bait... got to the surf and my stomach dropped... dirty eel (not the best pic but my best eel from the shore, unfortunately). To say I was disappointed would be an understatement!
Mrs then got back in the action with a pout and another dog and another hound pup and I re surfaced with the smallest hound pup I’ve ever seen.

And it really irritates the life out of me when people wedge themselves into the corner of the bay youre already fishing in.
516EAB46-BD40-4C3C-B61B-35CC0311C5D4.jpeg 91934C45-7094-4FA1-954D-BEA1B4FF15A4.jpeg 97F87430-FE67-467F-8249-72F779BCC647.jpeg
3A497220-5A5E-4922-8950-F49A188DDC59.jpeg 215D70B3-58C5-4F81-8A84-390E07B5BCAD.jpeg 86BE5A2D-F30D-4A7D-B4E9-BA29274DC6D1.jpeg

I’ll concede the loss no problem as she done extremely well

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
Well done on the dirty eel and err, being outfished mate!

Never understood why some people feel the need to set up so close to other anglers when there’s loads of room on the beach

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
well done to both of you, really a good session, and well done to the Mrs , but ........... Lol, yay, I am so glad I am not the only one, that gets beaten by the other half. Lovely pictures

·
Registered
342 Posts
Stopped at Micks opposite the front for a 1/4 rag hoping to bag up on whiting for the Mrs..
how wrong I was ..
set her up on a 3 hook flapper and first cast she landed her first dogfish, and now I’m thinking ... is it going to be a bad day for me..
Soon after she landed a double shot of smoothound pup’s .. no surprise they’re still about with how warm it is!
Next up was my turn, while trying to sort out the bait I saw the classic pull down and slack line... thinking yessssssss something good, lifted in to it and yep a dead weight.. my mind was flooding with options of what could have fancied my ginormous squid bait... got to the surf and my stomach dropped... dirty eel (not the best pic but my best eel from the shore, unfortunately). To say I was disappointed would be an understatement!
Mrs then got back in the action with a pout and another dog and another hound pup and I re surfaced with the smallest hound pup I’ve ever seen.

And it really irritates the life out of me when people wedge themselves into the corner of the bay youre already fishing in.
View attachment 1124427 View attachment 1124431 View attachment 1124433
View attachment 1124435 View attachment 1124437 View attachment 1124439

Dear ChallengeFish,

Wow, what a cool and encouraging report. Especially for us Lady Anglers! Well done to your Mrs! Girl Power! Lol. I have to admit when I got fishing with my Partner Mukiwa, 3/4's of the time I catch and Mukiwa doesn't or I catch more than Mukiwa. We enjoy the fun competition between each other. But I must admit Mukiwa always sets me up with my bait and looks out for me and I look out for him too. May you and your Mrs enjoy many more fishing experiences together! And may girl fishing power continue. It's our pheromones you know! Lol.

Brilliant report. Tight lines.

·
Registered
20,599 Posts
how wrong I was ..

:) Nice eel. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well done to both of you, really a good session, and well done to the Mrs , but ........... Lol, yay, I am so glad I am not the only one, that gets beaten by the other half. Lovely pictures
Dear ChallengeFish,

Wow, what a cool and encouraging report. Especially for us Lady Anglers! Well done to your Mrs! Girl Power! Lol. I have to admit when I got fishing with my Partner Mukiwa, 3/4's of the time I catch and Mukiwa doesn't or I catch more than Mukiwa. We enjoy the fun competition between each other. But I must admit Mukiwa always sets me up with my bait and looks out for me and I look out for him too. May you and your Mrs enjoy many more fishing experiences together! And may girl fishing power continue. It's our pheromones you know! Lol.

Brilliant report. Tight lines.
Thank you, this is only her second time going, she’s doing really well and I’m really pleased that she keeps catching fish .. :veryconfused:
her castings getting better, but it’s a confidence thing for her. She’s spotting her own bites and points mine out to me when I’m sorting her bait out so it’s a start of a good little team hopefully:rofl:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Wow that's brillant, well done to her, and great effort, sounds like a great team that's in the making. We found our way, I am always casting to the horizon and merryleggs in close, but I love the excitment on merryleggs face when she catchs fish. But our little competitions , most fish, biggest fish , most speices , all really good fun, merryleggs has never fished before and is doing really well. Tight lines to both of you.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
how wrong I was ..

to me, looking at the underside of the head shape, and the black tinge to the fins, id say youve caught a little strap conger
dont think its a dirty slimy green one at all

also, looking at the lateral line, looks very congerish to me :)

·
Registered
20,599 Posts
Well done on the dirty eel and err, being outfished mate!

Never understood why some people feel the need to set up so close to other anglers when there’s loads of room on the beach
:) Having thought about this for many, many years I've come to these conclusions, perm any from 4.
I. They don't know the area and assume you do so plonk down next to you as you must be on a "hot spot".
2. They like company. 3. They intend to catch a big one and may need your help to land it. 4. And last but not least, they want to copy you, your rigs and bait and if they don't have it, "borrow it". All I believe are true and have basis in fact. :)

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
:) Having thought about this for many, many years I've come to these conclusions, perm any from 4.
I. They don't know the area and assume you do so plonk down next to you as you must be on a "hot spot".
2. They like company. 3. They intend to catch a big one and may need your help to land it. 4. And last but not least, they want to copy you, your rigs and bait and if they don't have it, "borrow it". All I believe are true and have basis in fact. :)
I’m pretty sure you’re right!

To me though, it’s almost as intrusive as joining you at a restaurant table because they want to see first hand what you’re eating! :veryconfused:

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
to me, looking at the underside of the head shape, and the black tinge to the fins, id say youve caught a little strap conger
dont think its a dirty slimy green one at all

also, looking at the lateral line, looks very congerish to me :)
One look at the jaw on the eel says mini conger !
Yea, sorry @challengeFish_ they’re right, it’s a conger.

Still a dirty eel though

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My wife doesn't borrow my gear she has 10 times what I've got. Friendly completion is how it started now she hates it if I get more than her. The best thing ever is when we fish an open competiton and we get first and second, as long as she's first of course lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts