World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hoping to fish hayling on saturday night anybody know if any smuts or bass are being caught there at the moment

·
Registered
49 Posts
lots of smuts beign caught around the solent at the moment
not sure about at hayling yet though, not sure if weed has gone as well

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet looks like i may have to motor on down on saturday and give it a bash then any up to date advice from the locals would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Fished east end by lifeboat last Wednesday!! Impossible! 2mins fishing 30 mins clearing weed. Told its been like it for 4 weeks! I gave in and went to Selsey. A lot of weed there as well but it was possible to fish.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the heads up
may mosey on over to selsey then and drown som worms there

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi mate, fished selsey an saturday, using peeler, lug and squid, only caught weed,
some chap foul hooked a smallish mackie, it was a waste of bait, as i would cast out and reel in 25mins later without a single bite - for 7hrs!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fished Hayling Last night ( wed) Weed was'nt a problem at all. The wind was though!!!. Bit slack until darkness, started to get smutts about 11.30. Top one was 10lb. Lots of school bass as well.
Also stokes bay was very good on wednesday Smutts taking mainly Hermit & peeler. Hayling better for Peeler & Rag . More weed around stokes bay and lee than Hayling. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts