World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a go at Heacham north beach today, fished 11 to 2 with high water around12.45. Had no worms just some mackerel and squid but decided it was too nice a day not to have a go.
Total blank, not even a nibble. Even some of them little dabs or tings would have been good.
Bit of weed at the top of the tide otherwise okay.
Still, nice to get out, and next time.......

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
It was a cracking day so well worth a try. Ive caught plenty of tings and dabs on mackerel and squid in the past [often not worth wasting good blacks!] so you were always in with a chance if they were there.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Never use anything but worm here ( I live here ) used other bit n pieces and to no effect , fished one night when the guy next door had the sort of bait you mentioned you use ( he had 2or 3 tings only .. I had approx 30 I think on just worm , fished it a lot around Xmas and just before , had some good sessions on the tings and dabs and a bonus 44 cm bass couple of days before new year , I don't fish it day time either ( seldom anyway ) .. Please don't take my word as worm the only bait to use .. I just don't use it lol .. Thanks for report

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Understand what you say about worms, I would far sooner use them. But living in Wisbech and not knowing where I can dig (only started fishing in October) I don't have a lot of choice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good effort Geoff, I like it when people just go and have a go even though they're up against it. And you've learnt 2 things so it was all good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.