World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Just another depressing episode in the ongoing saga--2 of my mates were fishing the short arm monday when an "angler" alongside them caught a doggie alonside them and carefully removed the hook then took it by the tail and beat it to death before returning it to the water!!!!
Well my mates although slightly senior in years are not backward in coming forward had a little word with the "gentleman" and pointed out the error of his ways he got a bit upset and packed up and left:) So if any of you hear of a chap (hopefully not off this forum) who was accosted on the short arm on monday now you know why - -and give him a little pointer from all of us:)
YATOES

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sad really to hear of episodes such as this. No need for it.....there really is no need to kill the fish for no reason

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well done to your mates - di exactly the right thing.... no need for it.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
..carefully removed the hook then took it by the tail and beat it to death before returning it to the water!!!!
If a member of the public saw this guy do that they would be absolutly disgusted and assume we all do it !

Good on the lads on having a word with the stupid tw?t !

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Just another knobhead who has been educated into thinking dogfish are scum, but at the end of the day its him who is the scum for doing it.

In a few years, when the trawlermen have wiped out everything else and all we got left to catch is doggies, people will become more apprieciative of them:unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
yes give yr m8 a pat on back and a well done:clap3: :clap3: no need for wanten cruelty :uhuh: have enough of this with trawlers:uhuh:

tight lines

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
So far this year I have caught 58 doggies, all went back alive, and I absolutely hate the damn things. There is no excuse for killing them, if you are going to eat them, fair enough, but why kill it before throwing it back? :uhuh:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm affaid he would have followed it! Along with the life ring of course!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Joke lads! Joke!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts