1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You are goig to hear all the usual arguments.............Apex v's Silva vs whatever else people like so be prepared to have your choice widened instead of narrowed lol

I dont know the petzl duo and cant find any info on the watt or lumens output.

Personally I use a Princetontec Apex, 3watt led, very powerful for its weight and size and I have never needed more light for the conditions I fish in.

Great lamp and can be had for around £35 delivered.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers happy guy, i'll look into that headlamp

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
You are goig to hear all the usual arguments.............Apex v's Silva vs whatever else people like so be prepared to have your choice widened instead of narrowed lol

I dont know the petzl duo and cant find any info on the watt or lumens output.

Personally I use a Princetontec Apex, 3watt led, very powerful for its weight and size and I have never needed more light for the conditions I fish in.

Great lamp and can be had for around £35 delivered.
Where's the best place to get one of these? Thanks.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ideally i'd like an led lamp that i can just plug in and charge without have to worry bout buying and changing batteries.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Check out that infamous auction site and look at item number 310068062481

Alot on here have bought from him with no problems at all.

As for batteries, get a charger and some 2700nimh batteries and you will still have alot of change left over from your budget.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out that infamous auction site and look at item number 310068062481

Alot on here have bought from him with no problems at all.

As for batteries, get a charger and some 2700nimh batteries and you will still have alot of change left over from your budget.
excellent mate, thanks for the info.

as for charging batteries. whats the sort of lifespan on these 2700 nimh batteries?

do they develop a memory if not fully drained?

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
nimh (nickel metal hydride) don't hold memories like the old lead acit types,

i use an apex and the batteries will easily see me thru a summer night, and quite often a winters night (depending on power usage), though a spare set of batteries is always a good idea.

only once did my light have a fault, it would turn on, i removed tha batteries, refitted them 10 secs later, and it's never done it again!

superb lights.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
excellent mate, thanks for the info.

as for charging batteries. whats the sort of lifespan on these 2700 nimh batteries?

do they develop a memory if not fully drained?
No worries at all mate,

Not sure about the battery memory, but I am sure a few more knowledgable lads will be able to answer that

But I usually get a full session out of mine, you have 4 different output options and a flash mode on the Apex and you can use them as needed to maximise life from the batteries.

http://www.princetontec.com/products/index.php?id=2

Do a few searches on here and on google and you will see alot of positive comments and reviews on the lamp

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Apex for me. Can get a session out of Duracells ok but the main beam eats normal batteries. I'll be investing in some decent re-chargeables at some point.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Look at the Sanyo 2700 Mah batteries, they score as the best ones you can get on a number of review sites. I got them through that auction site, they took ages to come from Hong Kong but they did get here eventually, great batteries, on and you'll need a high powered speed charger too.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Maplins do a 12 volt charger, just leave it in your car

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
lidl have still got a few battery chargers at £12.99,batteries at £1.99 for 4 aaa/aa,aldi have a charger for £5 this week(today)both could do with better batteries mind:happy:

·
Registered
7,164 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts