1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I use an LED LENSER but not the model you are looking at, cant fault it and at that price I would rip their hands off mate.

Get your self some Ni-mh rechargeable Batteries, the more M-ah the better and always carry three spare fully charged ones (shouldn't need em will last about three trips on one charge but if you are like me and forget to charge up :idea: )

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I'd go for the LED Lenser - use one at work (different model to that one) when doing fire investigations, going through burnt out buildings etc and for the money it's a good torch.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_8&products_id=100000 is the one I use and I think you'll find they're out of stock for model cos on checking their site it states STOCK-ON ORDER for the one you're looking at ;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I know this may not be of help but since you are looking at spending in the region of £28 I thought I would say it anyway.

It might also be worth considering the Princetontec Apex, 3 watts of power compared to the Lensers 1.25 and can be had for £35 delivered.

Alot of lamp for not massive money and one that would be good enough to use should you decide to do a bit more night fishing some time in the future.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this may not be of help but since you are looking at spending in the region of £28 I thought I would say it anyway.

It might also be worth considering the Princetontec Apex, 3 watts of power compared to the Lensers 1.25 and can be had for £35 delivered.

Alot of lamp for not massive money and one that would be good enough to use should you decide to do a bit more night fishing some time in the future.

you sound so cautious there buddy :) i take it this is on a well known auction house, if so i do not use it much now

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you sound so cautious there buddy :) i take it this is on a well known auction house, if so i do not use it much now
Hi Mate,

Just didnt want to offend in case it specifically was just the other two lights you were going for, some people get excited byt things like that :)

Yep on that auction site, loads from here have bought from the same lad, usually takes a week to ten days for delivery.

At least its another option for you :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Agree with Happy Guy about the Princeton, good piece of kit.
Out of the two you have mentioned I would probably go for the one from Moonfleet, always recommended on this forum and Ian is a top bloke

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a Princeton Apex from America - £37 delivered (THAT auction site). Going by how much I just blinded myself, I'll be getting rid of my more expensive lamps (Tiga, MFA) and keeping this one. BTW thanks to all who replied to my thread on choosing my new headlamp :thumbs:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a Princeton Apex from America - £37 delivered (THAT auction site). Going by how much I just blinded myself, I'll be getting rid of my more expensive lamps (Tiga, MFA) and keeping this one. BTW thanks to all who replied to my thread on choosing my new headlamp :thumbs:

If there's a BARGAIN out there - the apex is 'IT'

Got shot of my tiga too!!!

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
i posted a thread just like this one last week and i ended up ordering the priceton apex and some decent rechargeable batteries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts