World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a head torch I want as much use out of it as possible in a single session without having to change batteries or need to charge it. Best lamp I had was a Tigra but it is now losing its will to live plus the battery is a pain in the arse when walking long distances and having the heavy belt on. Could probably stretch to £30

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
H7 brand new within budget . Or 22£ 2nd hand from me :). They do hld charge gor 1 full session . I have the h14 which is far brighter now aiming to upgrade both to h14 version 2. But h7 for that money is hard to beat

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
more than one full night session i used it full beam for baiting and when reeling in and when casting only.i used it some time ago then upgraded to the h14, and kept as a back up or when nephew use to come fishing n well now teenager he dont ! so no use to keep as such.
it is very bright and i had a few from the like of petzl and energiser 3aaa (1£ for 10 off them from pound shop) or if you want better one, you can get rechargeables batteries .
i use rechargeable batteries currently in my h14.

review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhuTfD24aXw

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah just seen similar to the one I've already got, I'm ideally looking for swivel tilt

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
The it seems to be a bit of a lottery with the crees, i know some lads who buy a couple every season, some lads have the same one for a few years, ive heard of them smoking on occasions, i bought one to see how they worked and the battery springs were so weak they couldnt keep the batts in contact so it flickered, they gave me my money back and told me to keep it, the one my mate got had far stronger springs and worked a treat but the batteries were poor, at £15 inc 2 batts and a charger you should expect too much, when you consider just the l.e.d on its own is a fiver to buy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts