World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a decent headtorch for ages. The cheap ones on eBay from China are garbage and not worth waiting for.
There are some that my friends have but they are like mobile projector lamps :eek:
I eventually found one that I like and is well made (company says it's built to last 15 years!).
It has a 'red' light, which is the first to work when the on/off button is pressed. it has 2 normal white light modes - high and low and also has another button which is programmable enabling you to make a setting then next time you press the
button it remembers your settings - great for specific times when you don't want to have to cycle through different functions to get the light intensity that you want (actually it's a bit more sophisticated than that).
I also like the fact that the main
button lets you choose between its 3 modes if the button is pressed relatively in quick succession but if you wait a couple of seconds it will turn the light off on the next press - which is great if you want to change a lure in stealth [red light] mode and don't want a couple bursts of bright white light before you can manage to switch the thing off :cool:

It's made by Energizer and is a reasonable price (I bought mine from a UK eBay seller).
Energizer® Vision HD+ Focus headlight:
https://energizer.eu/lighting/21568/

BTW, are they called 'headtorches', 'headlights' or 'headlamps'? The latter 2 make me think of cars....o_O

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
62,611 Posts
I have three.....
A Princeton tech and a Petzl and another on that I can't remember the name of.

I like the red light filter on my Princeton and it's waterproof .

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

·
62,611 Posts
I used to do shed loads of night fishing but mainly freshwater.
Always carry torches but very rarely turn them on and basically use them for just unhooking.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Bought a fenix hp 30 a couple of years which I've been extremely impressed with. It came with a 3 year warranty and has been used several times per week in all kinds of conditions.

The battery pack can also run a phone or small computer if I needed to in a remote area in an emergancy. It has sos function and a 900 lumen output which come in handy during research outings where we need to light things up as much as possible.

JonD

·
62,611 Posts
My favourite thing is still an ancient mini MagLite that I hold in my mouth...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That Fenix looks good I am just going to price one up, the usb option does it for me, I'm always out with the kids and you never know.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I have an LED Lenser which I've used years of dirty bait fishing and it's incredibly reliable, also on the 2 occasions in 6 years that I've had a problem with it they've replaced it completely FOC.

Though the model I use doesn't have a red LED there are a couple in the range that do and when my current lamp finally gives up the ghost I'll have no hesitation in buying one of them ;).

·
Registered
100 Posts
For the money the energizers are great lamps, got a led lenser seo5 as well for walking on and of some of the the marks we fish ,it's a good lamp but the red setting ain't great

1 - 20 of 26 Posts