World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Salt pro or saltiga minnows.....
Ive got one and its about 150mm in mackeral but theres a few coulours green lazer being best imho....Oops just checked and thats 31gms
Then the tide minnow surf...
Ive the 135,but not sure of weights of the larger one.Got a much better lip than the normal tide minnows.
Then theres the Duo rough trail which I can't remember the weight...Dont think its quite 40gms but definetly has a proper thick lip....Just checked-only 30gms...
Bit different but someones just given me an Jointed Abu Tormentor 130mm Sinking and weights in at a mighty 45gms,My main gripe with it is the size of the bib,you could probably launch small aircraft off it lol .....Its kinda big so go knows how deep its dives on the retrieve!!!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Big Rebel Windcheaters are 'old school' and monsters by most UK plugging standards but are surprisingly effective in snotty weather, even catching small fish (i.e. smaller than the plug !?!?)
Difficult to come by now...unless someone knows otherwise!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Berkley Frenzy Firestick Mungo (yes it's a stupid name) but they look good (but would the fish think so), weigh 42g and you can get them from the WSF shop here. They are really cheap and they were doing buy 2 and get a third one free when I bought mine.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Big Rebel Windcheaters are 'old school' and monsters by most UK plugging standards but are surprisingly effective in snotty weather, even catching small fish (i.e. smaller than the plug !?!?)
Difficult to come by now...unless someone knows otherwise!
Still called Windcheaters but Pradco now sell these under the Bomber brand name.

Pretty much any shallow running minow that is sold as suspending or sinking will do the business. I had a whole bunch of BassPro own brand (Offshore Angler, XPS etc) lures like this a couple of years back for barramundi fishing. They cost me pennies and the finnish was/is great despite being bounced through rocks and chomped by barramundi and mangrove jacks - they work for bass too.

Oh and don't rule out the soft plastics - either shads or simple worms rigged with a heavy carolina rig style bullet weight.

·
Registered
369 Posts
have you looked at swim-baits ? They ain,t the cheapest but if you want a big heavy plug with a great actions and looks then they could be your best bet mate .

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I have the need for a really heavy good looking plug , to beat head on winds , the tide minnow flyer is great(27g) , but bibs are weak ,
does any one know of a plug , sinking floating , about 140 long , that weighs a lot , 40 grammes plus , not wedges , not those pirk things with assist hooks , but a GOOD LOOKING PLUG , with nice finishes , like a zonk , etc , not a j 13 (often wondered how good they would be with great finishes )
cheers for any help :thumbs:
Mark ,,

Thats a hard question a 40g plug would be hard to find 140 long i have large Lucky Craft Flash minnow190 MAGMA that weighs 40g but its a monster of a lure ,,,
i think you may have to go the press bait way mark simply because the heavier the larger the plug gets and less effective casting

gee

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have some blank unpainted plug bodies that are 160mm long and weigh 42 grams,it has a small bib and rattles inside, i will try and get a picture of one and post it.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
At risk of teaching someones grandmother to suck eggs etc.
Have you already addressed things like reducing reel line diameter and altering the angle of your casts so that the lure takes a flatter trajectory ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts