World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this weekends weather forecast has put the kybosh on the Dorset meet.
But, I get excited by these conditions and since I've already booked Friday and Monday off work, I'm still doing a three day trip, as planned.

As long as I can launch some lures into the gale and get them working in the gutter behind a shore dump or across some sand bars then I won't be put off by some wind and rain.

At the last Dorset meet one Saturday in July, me Smart201 and Mark333 were on Chesil casting into a 42mph blow with a massive dump hitting the shingle.
I got washed off my feet at one point.

Smart caught a couple and Padders caught eight.
I blanked because I had braid issues causing crack offs and my Gear was a bit too light weight for those heavy conditions.
I'm having my own Meet with myself in Cornwall this weekend and making sure I'm better prepared with a heavier set up and the right lures for the job.

I want another pb this year and the only way to get it is with a Lure in the water.

I won't be wasting my time indoors.
After all, It's big Bass time!!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Good luck ! What are you using as your heavier set up. Looks like we’re off to Morocco in January and will need some heavier gear.
At the moment looking at major craft triplex 982 surf 10-40 but all suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck ! What are you using as your heavier set up. Looks like we’re off to Morocco in January and will need some heavier gear.
At the moment looking at major craft triplex 982 surf 10-40 but all suggestions welcome.
I have a 9'6" Graphite Leader Argento RV 10 -32g and I'll also take my (£100) 5 piece 9' Shimano 12-42g travel rod.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Have a good trip !
i will probably be doing a session down there next week sometime as well.
Was looking forward to Dorset meet but ended up couldnt make it any way
But still a lot of good Bassing to be had this year!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Correct Mr Banks.....surrounded , balls deep in the brine. What’s a bit of overhead dampness?!
It ain’t wrong weather....just wrong attire.
Not liking the 50mph winds this weekend down here though!....lol

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
best of luck Grieg and stay safe big winds big seas and odd swell that will wash you off your perch

Reactions: Banksea

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Greig nice to see you are going to Cornwall mate , but be careful the surf on the north coast can get pretty big especially the rouge waves , I look forward to seeing a picture of your new PB ,

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Good luck Mucker, that new PB is waiting for you, I was worried about the weather, but reading your thread, I am definately going to put my lures in the water. Tight lines mate

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I arrived on the north coast yesterday evening for my annual two weeks hols, it's hammering down just now but little wind... At the mo...
I will report once I have been
Musky

PS I'll have a gunfish at the ready... obviously!
Tight lines and have a really good holiday Musky

1 - 20 of 58 Posts