World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me an my mate fished toll point on Sunday, wind was a little breezy to say the least, so we fished under the tree, very nice out of the wind.
got there roughly low to middle of the tide, nothing doing at all until nearing top of the tide when my mate had a doggie, myself followed this up with another doggie, things were looking up! pulled in a small pollack of 3/4lb then another dog then a cute little huss, not a sniff of any Rays though.
baits used were Mackeral, Squid, Eel, Rag, Prawn, both of us fished 2 rods at around 50 to 80 yards as there was no room to cast, included a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I know someone who catches thornbacks from a boat there but ive never managed it from shore only dogs and the odd pollack spinning. Ive found that any wind east puts the fishing off do you find this to be true? Beautiful place tho!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
East wind puts the mockers on all fishing here, you do still get TB ray off the shore here, but not so many now, still, it's lovely place to fish, fishing is not always about catching fish

·
Registered
370 Posts
fishing is not always about catching fish[/quote]i go fishing to catch fish ,why spend a fortune on tackle and bait ,and then get all smelly for nothing,lol

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
East wind puts the mockers on all fishing here, you do still get TB ray off the shore here, but not so many now, still, it's lovely place to fish, fishing is not always about catching fish
Thats why we love to travel to the helford from here, gods country we call it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts