World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm new here and just thought i say hello to all of you and hopefully get some tips along the way.

Well i finally caught by 1st 3 fish today (only took me about 20 goes at fishing the river crouch) they wasn't worth keeping but who cares? Met 2 lovely blokes today who told me about this website, Steve (Issy) and i do believe the other chaps name was Ian.

I tend to fish Holly-well Point (spelt wrong i think) but after getting locked in yesterday and forgetting my key i decided to try down Creaksea with a friend and we couldn't believe how many hits we were getting. They were only small Codling but I was over the moon. We were using fresh lug and at the start we thought we were going to run out of the 3 packs we brought because every time we were casting out about 1hr 30mins before high tide they were just biting and we were catching. Well i only caught 3 but think me mate had near on 10.

Any way If anyone knows of any good spots on the River Crouch and what they tend to use for bait it would be much appreciated for a rookie like me. Also What kind of Rigs did you have set up (pictures of how to make them would be great as like i said I'm a rookie). The places i normally use is Rice and Coles, Holly-well Point and Creaksea.

Thanks for reading my post i know its nothing exciting to you experts but hopefully with some help i could be a expert 1 day to :bleh:

· Registered
8,196 Posts
Hi Frosty and welcome to the best forum on the site (Yeah i know im biast:) ). Keep your eyes open for local meets and top information on the areas that you go fishing on this forum. Well done on catching the fish!

Tightlines.

Lee (Whopper)

G

·
Welcome to the site Frosty. If you come along to Essex v Kent meet next week I am sure there will be a few Kent lads that will show you how to catch a few big ones:) :unsure:

· Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome to the great WSF site Frosty, sorry to here your from the mutant side of the river but hey we have to live some where, as for the re-match its just beginners luck for you Essex girlies.

Been a bit busy lately, ripping people off, you know how it is for us dodgy Kent Builders. I need to catch up on whats being going on so wil have a quick read up tonight.

see yu Woll :)

· Registered
724 Posts
Hi

I am fishing the crouch (south fambridge) tomorrow if you fancy it. Fishing from about 4.30pm onwards. Happy to show you rigs etc. I ll be taking plenty of tackle so can set you up.

Ill be fishing the saltings at first then moving to the left of them (your left when looking north). You cant miss me, tall chap 6ft 5 and wil be with my nephew.

Happy to show you the crouch marks.

Glad to hear you had you first fish, your now hooked for life.

The crouch fishes well and if your willing to skip fishing fot the small stuff you have a chance of some good bass and thornback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.