World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hello everyone ,as you see i&#39;m back from Cyprus for the moment anyway, Managed to fish a couple of marks this week to no avail ,Mumbles Knab rock Nowt&#33;&#33; along with thirty others
worms heads Nowt &#33;&#33;&#33; Aberavon beach Nowt&#33;&#33;&#33; Its not my gear or bait knowone caught anything,Where have all the fish gone?
Something happened when I&#39;ve been away ha ha &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
I have a question for all my expert friends out there,I&#39;m going to sound like a newbie here but I will swallow my pride for my thirst of knowledge.
My father in law bought me a bait pump never had one before ,due to the pressure of work I generally purchase my bait .I&#39;ve tried to use the darn thing with little success ,Bit like my fishing at the mo &#33;&#33;
So come guys let rip and get me going ,Um Its the smaller diameter one in case thers a difference cheers &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; jury</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>Position the bait pump above the hole and pull the handle up, take small sections of sand up at a time about 8 inches or so and pump it back out onto the sand to reveal the worm. Continue this until you get the little bugger.

I find i have more of a sucess rate in sand that has a slight covering of water, I believe it aids suction. A useful tip is to lubricate the pump with vegetable oil, some people use washing up liquid but as you can imagine this damages the environment. Squirt the vegetable oil down the opening the the air inlet, which should be on the handle (at the end). Hope this helps, happy hunting and remember only take what you need.

By the way do you need to know where you can pump your own black lug from?</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
<font color='#000000'>dont think it works for blow lug so make sure ur pumpin the right worms - neat coiled casts not scrambled messy ones,
u find blacks at low water / spring tides</font>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Well I thought I&#39;d get a few more experts commenting ,Never mind have had another go this week a little better.I managed to watch another guy and followed his method . He angled the pump slightly just over the blow hole and took short pumps of about 8". he had enough blow for two sessions .
The highish tides this week after the storms will allow me to have a go searching for some black, anyway thanks guys for you comments</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts