World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've peeked in from time to time and finally decided to sign up. Absolutely love the diversity of species caught and shared via pictures on this site.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi buddy, you do ok for species in Florida as well

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howdily Doodily.

SW, would that be the Panhandle ? Red fish/Drum country ?

:cool:
Hello!
We do have a great variety here in the Gulf of Mexico. All of the fish in the picture came from the waters west of the Fort Myers area. They are Groupers, Snappers, one small lion fish and a pair of very small dolphin fish, aka Mahi-Mahi. So yes, we do have a nice variety to chase here. The seasons and restrictions are becoming more restrictive.

There are Redfish all along the southern U.S. coast line but I have yet to target them. But that's coming! (hopefully)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've peeked in from time to time and finally decided to sign up. Absolutely love the diversity of species caught and shared via pictures on this site.
Welcome
Have done some fishing off east coast of Florida; West Palm Beach with a local friend and off Dania and the Pier at Deerfield.
Great to visit Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain - we don't have them here but been importing from Bass Pro since 1980's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello!
We do have a great variety here in the Gulf of Mexico. All of the fish in the picture came from the waters west of the Fort Myers area. They are Groupers, Snappers, one small lion fish and a pair of very small dolphin fish, aka Mahi-Mahi. So yes, we do have a nice variety to chase here. The seasons and restrictions are becoming more restrictive.

There are Redfish all along the southern U.S. coast line but I have yet to target them. But that's coming! (hopefully) View attachment 318654
Welcome on board
Have been to Sanibel Captiva a couple of times. Never got to do much
Heading for Anna Maria Island and hope to fish from the pier and Bimini Bay. What will I be looking to catch from there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi. Thanks for the welcome all of you!
Anna Marie Island also referred to as AMI locally is a beautiful place. Shore fishing-depending on the time of year- varies widely. Warmer months expect snook, trout, and an occasional red. Snook in the early mornings are available sight casting along the beach at first light. If you choose to target sharks, they can be had as well. Cooler weather, I'm afraid limits the offerings. Back country for redfish would be my choice for good fishing.

·
Registered
11,601 Posts
Welcome onboard. Some cracking fish there, they look like some tasty species.

Is that your own boat?

JonD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello JonD.
That boat is a 31' Center Console made by Yellowfin. I do have boat that has similar lines but is 24'. My boat is a Cape Horn. Updating a few things on it right now, like the GPS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts