World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, Roger here. Despite living pretty much as far away from the sea as you can get in the UK, I seem to have developed an uncontrollable urge in recent years to fling large lumps of lead with worms or chunks of mackerel attached as far as possible into the English Channel, more in hope than expectation of getting a bite.
I have had varying degrees of success, but have caught just about enough to keep me coming back for more.

I have mainly fished in the Weymouth area in the past but I am now seeking out other possible venues. I'm heading for the Worthing /Shoreham area tomorrow for a couple of days, mainly doing a recce to see if it might be worth a proper crack at the place later in the year.

G

·
If you find yourself headed to Chesil we fish twice a week and the offer is open to anyone to drop in next to us.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
66,731 Posts
Welcome to WSF :)

·
13,170 Posts
Not too many cod or bass in the Grand Union, so where are your preferred fishing venues?
I like Shoreham, but we also get down to Cornwall about three times a year (there now). My other half is Cornish.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Try the Hythe/Folkestone area, my usual haunt. 2 hours after leaving home I can have a bait in the water.
Only 10 mins off the M20, so easy to get to and an interesting stretch of coast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you find yourself headed to Chesil we fish twice a week and the offer is open to anyone to drop in next to us.
Thanks. I'm next likely to be in that part of the world mid-September so it might be a while before I can take you up on that. Which sections do you tend to fish? I have been to West Bexington a few times and Abbotsbury once, but that is the extent of my Chesil adventrues so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome. You can't get much further from the sea. Used to work on crownhill about 10 years ago.
Thanks Steve. i'm just back home,not a million miles from Crownhill, after a couple of days in Worthing. The fishing on the pier was fairly unspectacular, but I did manage to christen my new TFG travel rod with a chunky garfish on Thursday. Tried fishing again yesterday pm, but it turned more into a survival challenge than a fishing trip, with near gale force winds and heavy rain.

G

·
Thanks. I'm next likely to be in that part of the world mid-September so it might be a while before I can take you up on that. Which sections do you tend to fish? I have been to West Bexington a few times and Abbotsbury once, but that is the extent of my Chesil adventrues so far.
We generally chose where we are going to fish the day before depending on whats going on...... I reckon we fish 80% of the beach at some time or other each year.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hi folks, Roger here. Despite living pretty much as far away from the sea as you can get in the UK, I seem to have developed an uncontrollable urge in recent years to fling large lumps of lead with worms or chunks of mackerel attached as far as possible into the English Channel, more in hope than expectation of getting a bite.
I have had varying degrees of success, but have caught just about enough to keep me coming back for more.

I have mainly fished in the Weymouth area in the past but I am now seeking out other possible venues. I'm heading for the Worthing /Shoreham area tomorrow for a couple of days, mainly doing a recce to see if it might be worth a proper crack at the place later in the year.
Welcome aboard WSF it's a great forum look forward reading your catch reports Tight lines

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.