World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Hello from the Netherlands

417 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ken1989 
#1 · (Edited)
I have joined to seek information and perhaps also provide information for others interested in fishing in the Caribbean. That was what I thought this forum was about.

One member here seems to have assumed that my posts were deleted by a Moderator when in fact I deleted the information on my own as the original author of the thread.

Is ridiculing new members part of the welcoming routine here? I know that with the anonymity of the internet, some people who lack a normative first world good character take it as license to freely abuse others, even when they have not been provoked. I am not an easy target, but do feel free to take your best shot, either here or in the real world. I am not new to forums.

#2 ·
I have been fishing since I was eight years old when I livied in Germany on a US Air Force Base. I live in the Netherlands with my Dutch wife and fish for Zander and occasionally for Pike on the fly. Sometimes I fish the stocked ponds here for trout. I am an American Expat.

I am flying with my family to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for a three week vacation beginning in JUne through the first second week of Auguist.

Snook, Permit and Snapper will be my target species.

I will be taking two rods and a reserve spool for my Spinning reel.

St. Croix Triumph 6'6" MH action 5 piece matched + Abu GarciaRevo STX loaded with 20# SpiderWire Camo braid

A Squadron Travel Spin 8'2" Casting weight 15-40g matched to a Penn Sargus II 4000 w/ 20# SpiderWire Camo braid for my soft baits and spoons. I have tipped the braid with 25 and 30# fluorocarbon leader material.

I am taking a pretty broad selection of hard lures, jigs and soft baits. See the images for my selection. I have fished in South Florida before and expect I should have some fun with these.

I will try to give a running catch report from the day I begin fishing. My plan is to fish early in the morning before tourists are all over the beach near my condo and in the evenings. I will be picking up a rental car and we plan on doing some exploring for at least half of the time we will be there. My wife and I both speak fluent Spanish and she lived there for a year.
Welcome to WSF :)

Please check out the Lure section

Reactions: EricC
#5 ·
I have joined to seek information and perhaps also provide information for others interested in fishing in the Caribbean. That was what I thought this forum was about.

One member in another thread I am in seems to have assumed that my posts were deleted by a Moderator ,when in fact I deleted the information on my own as the original author of the thread.

Is ridiculing new members part of the welcoming routine here? I know that with the anonymity of the internet, some people who lack a normative first world good character take it as license to freely abuse others, even when they have not been provoked. I am not an easy target, but do feel free to take your best shot, either here or in the real world. I am not new to forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.