World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
Glad to be a part of your forums.
My name is Steve and I'm from Connecticut in the US. I fish all the time. Salt water, fresh water, fly, I love it all.
I'm planning to take a trip with my family to the UK and stay with friends in London some time around May of 2013. I'd like to do some fishing while I'm there and I know that the season for freshwater will be closed for most species at that time. I was hoping for some info on some salt water fishing there. I'm not new to fishing but will be a complete Newbie to any fishing in the UK. With baggage fees the way they are these days I won't be bringing any gear with me so any fishing I do would require either coach fishing, charter fishing, or gear rental.
I have plenty of time to plan and prepare so any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
hi mate , plenty on here London way to advise u as u will need to travel a fair way to the coast ! Booking a charter boat would seem ur best option and first thing i would do is check out any local tackle dealers for relevant advice , post back when u arrive . Some day ticket carp fisheries (private owned) do allow all year fishing by the way

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi there

if you are staying in london, you could catch a fast train to brighton ( 55 mins on a good day from london victoria) and try a charter boat out of Brighton Marina (take taxi or bus from station). google the 'brighton marina tackle box' for information on charter boats.

have a good trip and welcome.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Or if you come down Dover / Folkestone way.

I could book spaces on a Charter and go out with ya.

I have plently of quality rods and reels.

Maybe enough forum members could book the whole boat, you would then have
a right blast :thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi mate , plenty on here London way to advise u as u will need to travel a fair way to the coast ! Booking a charter boat would seem ur best option and first thing i would do is check out any local tackle dealers for relevant advice , post back when u arrive . Some day ticket carp fisheries (private owned) do allow all year fishing by the way
I figured that becouse of the time of year a charter was my best option but I have seen pictures and you grow some big carp there so a day ticket carp fish sounds great too. We're still finalizing our trip so I'll have a better idea of dates after.

Thanks all for the welcome and advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.