World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm off on my summer camping trip to the St Brides Bay area, near Solva.
I usually get over to the Cardigan area early in the summer, but visiting St brides for the first time in a couple of weeks.

So, any tips! I'll be near Solva and using my carp gear; what species are around? Any tips on bait and areas? Will it be very busy with surfers?

Pm if thats better.

Cheers

Tesco.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey, dont know to much about solva but south of you there are a couple of rock marks you may want to spin or float on.

Nolton Haven or Broad haven on the rocky headlands with a set of feathers for mackeral and pollock.

Fish with lures for bass in the gulleys, or float for all manner of things with a strip of mackeral, sandeels or rag, you will catch anything from wrasse to bass lol.

Will be doing the same in sept.

Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Completely blanked!

However I did find a freshly washed up Portugese Man of War on the beach area at Nine Wells...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Really? Im off down there on the 20th on a week of pure fishing, me and 2 of my mates going to have a few good sessions round the area.

Where did you fish mate?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried a couple of beaches at nine wells, near the campsite and a bit further towards St Davids. Didn't get a touch! I'm not an expert at sea fishing by any means and struggled with the rocky bottom, lost loads of tackle. I did set up a float but didn't get a bite!

Oh well, just the way it goes sometimes. Good luck when you go down there mate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts