World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome Blindhog, you'll enjoy the site, a great bunch of lads. Sounds like you live in a fishermans paradise.

Fred

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Blindhog,

Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MikeJr said:
Which area of South Florida do you fish mostly?Mike Jr
Gentlemen thank you for the warm welcome to a very informative site. Interestingly I found your forum when I did a Google search for “Wind on Leaders” and was directed to several great articles by Nick Drakes in the Rigging section of WSF.
In answer to your question Mike, Marcus was correct. I live between Charlotte Harbor and Big Pine Key in the Florida Keys.
Question for you, how does one insert a photo in a post?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Come on now! do we really want Photos from the Florida Keys? They will be all sunshine, palm trees, crystal clear water, big fish, tanned, "cosi-clad" angler, with a tatty straw hat, holding up a 100lb beach caught tarpon or something similar!
I feel bad enough as it is, without having to hate somebody from paradise!
Oh to win the lottery, so that little fat old bloke, with the suntan & the daft hat, could be ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blueskip
PS Blindhog do you allow your friends to stay for free??????????

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Blindhog think very carefully about that one or you'll have nearly 2000 new British "friends" rocking up on you're doorstep lol

ps welcome to the best site on the net

·
Registered
325 Posts
Some of us wouldn't dream of asking our new member to put us up in his house. It would be an absolute cheek. However,....... if he had a little space in his garden shed, well now, that's a different matter.

Fred

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Umm Florida fishing, stay in shed, hell I'll take under the bush at the bottom of the garden but then I'm just a regular poster you moderators probably want something better-***** star hotels maybe, someone to bait your hooks and supply you with cold beer perhaps lol only joking poach love you really

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blueskip said:
Come on now! do we really want Photos from the Florida Keys holding up a 100lb tarpon?
PS Blindhog do you allow your friends to stay for free??????????
You raise two interesting issues Skippy. First of all no pictures of Tarpon, but how about a 40# Dorado, or a YFT? :)

Secondly fishing in Florida would not be an unreasonable objective. I'm sure that you could make it work.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Blindhog, can you imagine "er indoors" allowing me to take a fishing rod to Florida, she would be more likely to let me go for a weeks holiday in a nudist camp!
blueskip
PS see I told you all he would be gutting us all with his fish, "not a 100lb tarpon but a 40lb+ Dorado & Yellow Fin Tuna"!
Well listen mate I had a tuna sandwich last night from a John West tin, nice it was too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Blueskip,

A bit of dexterity and flair, otherwise known as cunning, is required. Women use it all the time. Just find a place with lots of marks near a shopping mall. Then your'e both happy. Mind you, it makes the holiday very expensive.

Fred

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Mmmmm Florida 'er indoors has been nagging me to take her and the kids there for ages now where's that advert for the Shimano travel rod: Dorado, tampons etc here I come:):):):)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Oh sh***********t me and my big mouth guess where I'll be this Summer? 2 long drawn out weeks in bloody Disneyland and if I mention fishing she'll strap me to the its a small world ride and for those of you who don't know what that is let me put it this way- if Saddam Hussein had had a couple of those there would be no discussion as to whether he had WMDs. Sorry lads I can't stand it I think I'm going to the pub I'm too depressed even to fish :(:(

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Roller, its Tarpons you clown! "er indoors" would have a real problem with a 40lb Tampon, (I aint even thinking of going there), but doubtless it will start a thread to fuel the imaginations of some of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
blueskip

1 - 20 of 22 Posts