World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished this area? I've always thought it looks cracking for seatrout where the river runs into the basin and the sea.

·
Registered
323 Posts
:unsure:
Has anyone fished this area? I've always thought it looks cracking for seatrout where the river runs into the basin and the sea.
Take yer gold panning gear with you,its where they panned for gold years ago i think theres an old guy still doing it, As far as fishing goes
take plenty money it was one of the best salmon and trout rivers.its been a longtime since i last fished it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not after paying to fish, i was thinking more at the basin or just outside. You wouldnt have to pay for that would you?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where abouts? could you point me in the direction of a map of where to try? Lures/spinners or bait?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i'm taking the boat from Orkney to Gills on 27th on my way back home. Wanted to just try a few of the shore marks along the A9 as in 20 years of going up and down the road i've always wanted to fish them. I dont have much time though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
pity it was'nt at the weekend, as i've just got back to work:yahoo:
there's a good few local mark's i could have shown u like - longbrae, a couple at sarclet one at ulbster and one at waligo, all good deep water mark's from the rock's, with cod,pollock,coalies,doggies,wrasse and other's even mackie's but not many this year.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TBH i'm not even sure i'll have time to stop, but i just wanted a few casts with the spinning rod to see whats about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
there's a good few local mark's i could have shown u like - longbrae, a couple at sarclet one at ulbster and one at waligo, all good deep water mark's from the rock's, with cod,pollock,coalies,doggies,wrasse and other's even mackie's but not many this year.
I drive up and down A9, work-wise (fixing computers and stuff) to Wick and Thurso, and looking at fishing possibilities.

Am on a week's break in next couple of weeks for a week. Will attempt this coast.Must be better than barren Moray coast at the moment.

Longbrae? where's that, name not known?
I know Waligoe steps (but only as a touristy type thing, after they appeared on BBC Coast). Fishing off the bottom step?

Sarclet and Ulbster (and Whaligo Steps) are also known to me. But would you be able to clarify, using OS references where best marks are?
PM if necessary

TOM

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Tarbet Ness looked pretty good when I was there, got whacked and bust up by wrasse time and time again with my light spinning rod under the ledges on the right side. Didn't have bait so was kicking limpets off and using them.
Did get Pollack spinning there though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts