World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to sea fishing and I have purchased some bits of tackle and a rod and reel, I am looking to go for the first time on the 19th or 20th may somewhere around towyn, kimnel bay or rhyl, Is there any kind person out there to help a fellow fisherman by showing me the basics, and telling me what other tackle I will need.

Thanks In Advance.

Cheers

Lee

·
Team Chatter
21,738 Posts
I am new to sea fishing and I have purchased some bits of tackle and a rod and reel, I am looking to go for the first time on the 19th or 20th may somewhere around towyn, kimnel bay or rhyl, Is there any kind person out there to help a fellow fisherman by showing me the basics, and telling me what other tackle I will need.

Thanks In Advance.

Cheers

Lee
post this again a bit nearer the time m8 you should get plenty of offers :)

·
Registered
6,686 Posts

Thanks In Advance.

Cheers

Lee
Hi Lee,

You have a rod and reel and I take it that you have some line on your reel.
What you need now are the following:

Lead weights 2, 3 and 4 oz (1 oz = 28 grams)

Some rigs - Feathers for mackeral (spinning) - 4 sets
Some rigs - 2 and 3 hook patenosters, Clipped down pulley. (ledgering).

Bait - Sand eels, mackeral, crab, rag and lug worms and squid (3 types ok but the more the better depending on the season and the species your after).

Knowledge from the WSF site for venues tides and advice, and someone to fish with plenty on the site mate)...............the most important !!!

Plenty more bits to get like clothing and rod holders but take your time and buy as you learn whats best.

Only some basic advice but £10.00 for tackle bits and £10.00 for bait will give you a good start.

Hope this helps

Coastman:)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Don't know the Rhyl area to fish really.

However I have heard that the river by the blue bridge is doing ok for flounder and eel to peeler crab and ragworm.

use a rig with about size 1 hooks, attractor beads on the hooklengths may give you the edge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Coastman, I have 18lb Line on my reel is that ok, and I have just bought a selection of 1 hook and 2 hook rigs of ebay to give me an idea on how they should be set up, I have course fished for years, so this is a totally new experience to me, I will take a trip to the tackle shop and start my collection.

Thanks for the advice

Hope to speak to you soon

Leelozuk

·
Registered
21 Posts
hiya give me a shout nearer the date always about on rhyl beaches happy to help in any way just drop me a line tight lines

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Cheers Coastman, I have 18lb Line on my reel is that ok, and I have just bought a selection of 1 hook and 2 hook rigs of ebay to give me an idea on how they should be set up, I have course fished for years, so this is a totally new experience to me, I will take a trip to the tackle shop and start my collection.

Thanks for the advice

Hope to speak to you soon

Leelozuk
Hi Lee,
Have you looked at the tab at the top of this page 'bait and tackle' as it shows some good info.
Coastman

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
Im sure there must be a tackle shop owner or 2 in here that will jump at the opportunity of helping you out mate ! lol (only kidding)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts