World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok last 2 spinning rods i have bought snapped on me in the first session both on wedges.
both snapped (last one in 2 places) on a 50g Dexter wedge, i also fish with 20Lb braid

first rod: (10ft model) classed at 10 -60 grams

http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/br_shakespeare/5242-shakespeare-trion-royalty-spinning-rods.html

Thinking it was me i decided to up the casting power and go for a :
Second rod: (11ft model) classed at 28-84 grams

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Tideline-Plugging-Rod.html

SNAPPED ON 50 GRAMS !!!!!

I love lure fishing, and have £hundreds lures, i need a excellent rod to use with them that will not snap on a 50 gram wedge, now as you can see those rods were either on offer or just plain cheap which im sure added to the snappage... so this time round there is. No price limit.....just wont tell anyone (girlfriend) how much it was :)

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? thought about just going for a kelvar sportex or something ,but thought id ask before hand.

? prefer a 11ft 20- 80 grams ish , i use braid

·
Registered
690 Posts
IMAX sea plugging rod, 10 ft casts 30 - 80g. I use this for most of my lure fishing and it is superb, has never let me down. Think u could pick 1 up for around £80. Alternatively have heard good reports about the greys sea spin, 11ft casts 28 - 90g. A little more expensive at around £110 but meets the exact criteria your looking for.

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
I snapped a Greys sea spin in two places on its second outing (snagged lure) not happy as I hadn't filled out the guarantee thing and lost the two pieces as they slid down the line and came off when the line finally broke.

The break might be classed as my fault but I wasn't pulling hard imo, the line was only 10lb (minus knots and abrasion) and I lost all faith in the rod because of it.

The two trips I had with it I didn't like it that much for lures anyway, it made a better light bait and float rod.

A mail order purchase based on other peoples recommendations and the last rod I'll ever buy without picking it up first and seeing if it's the one I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man, i wasnt sure about it ... i know it sounds silly but i want to spend a vast amount of money on this one to get a gooden :) was thinking of going straight to the top with a Tenryu red dragon express spinning rod 2.90 meter- 20g-60g casting weight @ £390- 420

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
mate if you want a decent rod go to dorset fishing rods absolutly fantastic rods or pm mark333 or graham hill you cant go wrong

·
Registered
479 Posts
SALT spin is nice - I've got one and would definately buy another

·
Registered
425 Posts
i bought a shakespeare trion royalty 10ft 10-60g nice rod & a wide lure range from very light spinners thru 2 heavier spoons & it looks nice around £45 or the shakespeare salt goes up tp a full 3oz again 10ft but it wont handle the lighter lures but an awesome bass or pollock rod

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Pro-logic Savage AR mate, used one on holiday 50-100g, done the job niceley with the plugs and spinners and also handled me chucking out a 3oz lead with a whole pinfish. It was borrowed from a mate who got it for fishing for 'cudda and some of the tuna family in Cuba. Worth a look mate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts