World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, as you can see from my user name I am no yougster but I now have another problem - really dodgy knees. Venues like chesil and dungeness are now nogo areas and I'm sick of the flat areas from southampton to Bognor and hythe (kent) Can anyone suggest any new venues (don't broadcast what is being caught, let me find out) where I don't need to walk miles or over lots of shingle. I've just invested in a humpalumpa which should help a lot. Any ideas would be welcome but please note where I live ---- 2hrs drive to the nearest coast so please don't send me too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best, Oldgit

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Try samphire hoe in kent brilliant place car parking within 50 yds toilets in car park and protected from north winds . Its actually the spoil from the chunnel which was dumped under the cliffs creating a new wildlife area together with rough ground fishing onto rocks. Recommend it for us old gits!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Dereck, I often find myself in eastbourne visiting my olds and find langney point good. Parking next to the water works leaves a 100-200m max walk with good fishing. have had several good sessions for whiting last autumn.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps.

Never tried Samphire hoe, been passed it a lot, it's through the tunnel isn't it. Reputed to be a tackle graveyard but worth a go.

Bassman, Hi - I used to fish Langley Point when our daughter was at uni down there. Caught my first Weaver there, a lesson in pain was learnt that day!!! You caught on that rod Yet?

Thanks again
Oldgit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Young'un,

It seems we're of a similar mindset regarding fishing in the south east and also have similar issues restricting our mobility in our dotage.

Perhaps we could form a list of places around the coast where us 'olds', as someone referred to us, can virtually fish from the car.

I once did the 4hr+ drive to Plymouth one day just to fish a tide at Mountbatten Pier but I can't see myself doing it again to be honest.

I think we'll just have to accept we are victims of our geographical locations.

Right, the warm-up lap has started. Back to the Belgian GP.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Only caught mackerel so far, figured i'd put some feathers on to try it out and had 1 first cast, nothing else so far but it's not for want of trying, i'm sure i'll get something to give it a real test soon (maybe lol).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Young'un,

It seems we're of a similar mindset regarding fishing in the south east and also have similar issues restricting our mobility in our dotage.

Perhaps we could form a list of places around the coast where us 'olds', as someone referred to us, can virtually fish from the car.

I once did the 4hr+ drive to Plymouth one day just to fish a tide at Mountbatten Pier but I can't see myself doing it again to be honest.

I think we'll just have to accept we are victims of our geographical locations.

Right, the warm-up lap has started. Back to the Belgian GP.
I reckon that would be a good idea - Why should the abseling, yomping young uns have all the fun. I'll make alist and put on a new post.

Oldgit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts