World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have heard the greys apollo 13' mk1 beachcaster is excellent for rough ground fishing but also that the mk1's were made in n/east england and are better quality than the mk2's, apparantly made in s/east asia. what is the difference between the two, visually? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
69 Posts
the 14 foot mark 1 was the best rod i ever owned till some scrote helped themselves to it from my garage . great casting rod , plenty power to drag fish through kelp and rocks and brilliant bite detection

·
Registered
389 Posts
Both the Mk1 & Mk2 were a blue blank, but visually they differ in finish. The Mk 1 was built with Fuji BNHG's, under-whipped with a bluey-green thread and tipped with red, and "Greys Apollo" in large, red lettering below the spigot. The Mk2 was built with Fuji Alconites (and less fancy whippings) and a much smaller Greys logo in white, just above the shrink tubing. The Mk2 also has a white - painted tip.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a 13ft MK1 and its a power house of a rod, the butt ring is 25mm and i would have preferred a 30 and the butt tapers from 23mm at the top down to 27mm at the butt, again i would have liked a parallel butt like later models to position a sliding winch up and down, however i can live with what iv got. Excellent rod for pulling the plug out of the north sea!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.