World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can identify this engine. Been looking for perkins 4.236 and have one sourced but stumbled upon this one. It's a 4 cylinder perkins but that's as much as I can tell. It's an ex- army unit and has never been fitted and is as new. Try to ignore the surface rust. Wanting to know the model and also what it would be worth. As I said its as new and has only been started. Still mounted to the transport frame too. It's going cheap so thinking of buying it and selling it on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try and get the engine number off it to double check. What would a fair asking price be for it or should I say what would someone be willing to pay.

·
Registered
787 Posts
its not a 4108 as I have one and the inlet and exhaust manifolds are on the same side as the pump on a 4108

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time for an update. Finally after years I've finally got an engine (pictured above). It is a 4236 going by the engine number. Just wondering if any one has any info regarding cruising or WOT speeds. Mine will roughly be say 3 to 3 1/2 t and semi displacement. From speaking to locals I know that my hull will go like a scalded cat with a 6 cylinder perkins in it. Hull pics can be found if you search on here for a lough neagh build.

·
Registered
787 Posts
In a Duver 23 with 1 to 1 borg warner 20 kts at full throttle, wot is 2700 and hp is 85 cruises at 15 at 2100- 2200 rpm

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the fitment of bell housings and jabsco pumps, are they specifically made for a specific engine or would a pump/bell housing be the same fitment for say a 6354?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts