World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for possible marks on the Gower to fish next week. I'm working in Swansea for the week, so thought I would pack the rods rather than sit in the pub every night. I was thinking I could get at least a few hours in every night.

Has any one got any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Fish-Boy

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Ronsomna, it depends on how much time you have, or how much you are prepared to put in? "The Knab" at Mumbles is a very comfortable spot where you can virtually fish out of your car, but it aint that much as you would expext!
The "Mumbles Lighthouse Island" is your best e/w bet, the causeway opens 2.5hrs before LOW WATER & closes 2.5hrs after LOW WATER. Fish INTO Swansea Bay from the ruins of the old landing stage, casting at the Port Talbot Steelworks. If possible use peeler crab (gather it on your way out or buy it) or mackerel fillet, or large frozen sandeel.
Keep your eyes on the flooding tide on the causeway! if you get caught out on the Lighthouse Island by the tide, STAY THERE! wait until it runs out, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CROSS THE FLOODED CAUSEWAY! Spinning on HW in the sound between the Lighthouse Island & Middle Island can produce bass, Pollack, mackerel & gars.
But for Christ Sake be careful, the flooding tide rushes in! Unlike England, in Swansea next week we have a 38ft rise & fall in th etide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can also try Langland Point 3hrs either side of high water, either bottom fish (inside the head into the Bay), or spin the rocky area directly off the point. If you want any help whilst you are down here send me a pm .
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Christ skip you want to frighten the guy off fishing or what? you got me scared and I know the areas you're talking about.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,214 Posts
Just up the M4 from Swansea is the Lougher Estuary. Bass and flatties aplenty, easy parking, and you can fish either side of the bridge. Country Stores in Gowerton usually has fresh bait, can advise you on what baits are the best and it's on the way there from Swansea. What more do you want? Hope this helps. Rob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts