World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#ADA96E'>Fished Porthcawl on 24,25.July.04. For the two days I did not see anybody caching any fish. I cought nothing on Saturday from Newton&#39;s point. On Sunday managed to catch a small turbot and an eel on mackerel filet from the breakwater. It was supposed to fish very well in Porthcawl and to be full of dogfish. Rubbish&#33; I got fed up with trying unsuccessfully to catch fish in South Wells for three weeks and last Sunday(01.08.04) went to the Hastings pier. There I had a lots of fun catching big garfish on float. Cought also 64 mackerel (on feathers) for bait for the winter.
If anybody can tell me where can I catch flat fish and bass in South Wells I will be most grateful. I need reliable information because I have to drive two hours from Birmingham and the Welsh eels are becoming very expensive&#33;
</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well at the moment everyone local is saying to fish either Aberthaw or Mountain Ash....their pretty close together.....I&#39;m going to try and get to Aberthaw this weekend so I&#39;ll let you know from what happens then.....

But if yer from Birmingham wouldn&#39;t it be easier for you to fish more North Wales than the South? &nbsp;Or there&#39;s the Bristol Channel is supposed to be very good this year too.

Hope it helps yer out
Rukai</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Yeah its Monk Nash sorry about that I was talking to my dad at the time and he was saying about Mountain Ash......whoops

thanks for putting that one right Merlin their a fair bit apart and Mountain Ash doesn&#39;t even have any Sea near it.

Regards
Rukai</font>

·
Registered
244 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Porthcawl not fishing well at all so far this Summer. I&#39;ve heard good reports from the Ogmore estuary and along the coast to the "Deeps" a fair showing of Bass and Mackerel making an appearance as well. I&#39;ll keep you posted on any hotspots that may "appear".</font>

·
Registered
281 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Loads of smoothhound in Aberthaw. &nbsp;nasty blighters,

Aberthaw is a bit hit and miss tho&#39;. &nbsp;You may go several times and blank, and then on one occasion you may be pulling them out at a frantic pace&#33;</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>here&#39;s the first question why are Smoothhounds &#39;nasty blighters&#39;? &nbsp;Does anyone know which of the 2 venues is better Porthcawl or Aberthaw?

Thanks guys
Glyn</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Lads,

They must be Welsh&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sorry , only a joke, I have recently returned from 2 glorious weeks in St Davids & Freshwater East. I fished every morning and evening and blanked each time. I thought that it must have been my technique but as everybody else blanked I put it down to the lack of fish? Where are they?

Cheers

Drew

P.S. I&#39;m of to West Bay (Dorset) next week so I shall keep my fingers crossed that they (the fish) might be there&#33;&#33;&#33;</font>

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font color='#810541'>Good luck Drew&#33;
Give us a shout if the West Bay fishes well ;)

Tight lines&#33;</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (rukai @ Aug. 05 2004,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>here&#39;s the first question why are Smoothhounds &#39;nasty blighters&#39;?  </font>[/b][/quote]
<font color='#0000FF'>They bite, are very lively on the hook off the water, curl up and generally make life difficult. They are like little sharks.
</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts