World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am looking for some help/advice from the more seasoned anglers. I work at a local college and every Wednesday afternoon the students participate in "enrichment" activities. As an angler I decided to volunteer my services and put together a college angling club.

I have about 7 interested students, only 2 have fished before. We have from 1-5pm every Wednesday afternoon so we cannot choose tides etc, we get whatever state of tide happens to be around on the day. I have been fishing for a while, mainly pike, rivers, lakes and used to sea fish when I was a lad, few years ago now!

The group mainly fishes marks around the Barry area, cold knap, friars etc. They now have rods and reels and tackle, not the best but good enough to get them interested.

Is there anybody on here who would be interested in helping out the group with where to fish, baits, methods, and any info that would help them?

Anybody who can help them with casting? me included, can cast further with my barbel rod than a beachcaster?

I am not a total noobie and the group have caught at low water over the knap, pound and half plaice, schoolie bass, and they have endured the worst the weather can throw at them, post pics later!

Anyone who can offer advice to the group, either on the beach, in my college for a rig tying session etc etc? Or any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Students are loving the fishing and are starting to buy their own gear, hopefully this will keep them off the streets and on the beach, and they also learn how to look after the environment and about the life found on beaches rockpools etc

Hope some of you can help out, pm me or post on forum please.

Thanks for reading

ps This Wednesday afternoon they will catch their first high tide, hope some fish are about!

Regards

Fishertaff

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
hi mate its a great thing what your doing if i had the spare time id love to get involved and help you out but as it stands i just havnt got the time due to work.however i do have next week off if you dont get what you are looking for this week.
best way to do it would be to get down to the mark 2-3 hours early if possible and set up stands if there are more people who are willing to help out each with a different fishing related task like

introduction to

.REELS ....the various types
.RODS..the various types
.LINES..
.IMPORTANCE OF SHOCKLEADER
.CASTING ....basics
.KNOTS....
.RIGS
.BAIT + PREPERATION
.WHAT YOU WILL BE EXPECTING TO CATCH
.TIDES AND WINDS
AND SAFETY......

iv done similar things in the past with a youth center and i no a lot of them now take there fishing very seriously in this computer game generation it takes activitie days like this to keep our hobby alove ..

give me a p.m and well see what happens but im 100% willing to help out for next week

all the best

kyle

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
have a word with brand...hes a registered angling coach and can probably give you some pointers

john

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and the pm's guys. Just got back from a few hours at the knap with the group, will write it up when i have finished homework and marking. pm's will be answered asap.........thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all of those that have offered to help out with this. I didn't think I would get such a response. I have replied to all pms (i think, not familiar with forum yet) if by any mishap i have missed you, my apologies.

Thanks again, really nice to know that there are still some decent folk around.:clap3:

Hope to meet you all soon.

Regards

Craig:clap2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts