World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, managed to get a day off to go out on my mates boat 2mor, was thinking of getting out to the wind farm for some smoothhound but as usual the wind now looks like its goin to pick up and my mates boat is only an 18 footer so it might become a bit too interesting out there. So the problem we have got is where to fish in the crouch or roach as we have previously fished both without much success any help or tips would really be appreciated as we are complete novices

·
Registered
158 Posts
Winkle bay is a good place mate, if you not heard of it then reply and i will try my best to descibe to you where its is. I had my best fish of there last year and had a few there this year aswell

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Winkle bay is a good place mate, if you not heard of it then reply and i will try my best to descibe to you where its is. I had my best fish of there last year and had a few there this year aswell
Interested in this mark as well , also new to fishing the crouch & Roach & also have not had to much luck fishing it recently , be nice to have a few markls to try in the river as to when it's to windy to get out past the goal posts

·
Registered
158 Posts

Right to get to that point by boat is as follows:

Come down the crouch...if you coming from Fambridge way then you need to carry on going right down, past the Burnham Harbour...keep going and you will past some pubs on the key...keep going until you past a war bunkle...its about 400 yards past that. Winkle bay is right next to a Dike.

If you are coming by road this is how you get there:

As you are coming into Burnham you need to go past all the shops and keep driving right down to the bottom until you come to the Victoria Inn (The Vic) At the pub you will need to turn right there. Keep following the road round to your left. You will see a big white building and some boat yards. Go past them and just keep on that road (its right next to the see wall) Keep driving until you see some boats parked up on the stones, you will also see a Caravan park on your left. Go as far as possible and park your car up near to the steel gate as possible. Its ok to park there and safe as there is alot of OAP'S about this time of year staying in the Caravan park.

Need more details then just give us a buzz. Also i know alot of spots on the Crouch as i live about 200 yards from it so i fish there alot.

Another good spot (for skate) is near Holliwell point. Theres a big old war bunkle there and some big skate have come out of there in the last few seasons. Creeksea cliffs are good, better by boat but can fish there by shore a good few hours as its stoney ground and can follow the water right out.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thanks great reply , Somewhere else to try & find an elusive fish in the crouch !!

You have PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts