World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Staying near holker hall this weekend and would like to try for some flukes, can anyone advise me if holker is a high or low water venue and whats the usual bait for them and is there anywhere locally i can get the bait.

thanks

frostman

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hi hope you enjoy your weekend,It is a high tide venue,be careful of the flood, comes in real fast and catch's people out,.Me personally when fishing for flukes in the estuary,I use black or blow lug tipped off with a piece of mackerel or bluey,Of course if you want to have a non stop session then creeper will do the trick,not needed though as there are plenty of flukes,not had to much rain either,tides on the up again could be a good session.
I use beads on the hook snoods personal choice of orange/black also use red amnesia snoods,have done several experiments as have a few people I fish with,not sure why flukes like the red line,(thought it was invisible in water :whistling:whistling:doh::crazy:).
Hope this helps,enjoy your session and stay safe.:thumbs:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Should be aware that if fishing this venue you need to pay for a permit at the Holker Estates Office. Usual fee is £10 with permit running for 12 months from 1st October to 31 st September if memory is correct. Authorises you to use car park, worth every penny.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, As i live in Barrow i have visited Holker Hall in the past many times as a hall not as a fishing venue.

Looking at google maps it does not look that close to the sea is the £10 for parking in the hall or do they own the land next to the sea as well?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Fishing is in front of Old Park Wood caravan park with viaduct to the left. Off the main road follow sign indicating caravan park, stick on road until you pass entrance to park about 200 yds will come to small car park after going over cattle grid. Park there and proceed along path to right of entrance which leads to beach. If you have any probs check post code LA11 7PP on sat.nav, hope it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts