World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,Whilst servicing my Penn 525 mag noticed one of the bearings to be damaged. I have viewed the schematics and they dont have a part number and dont even show the bearing. The bearing sits in the right hand side of the spool holder and the pinion gear sits within it. Would be very grateful if you could help me ref. obtaining a suitable replacement. Thanks very much Steve:wallbash:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot folks have emailed Ewen, hope to get a reply any suggestion appreciated Steveo:victory:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again folks is there nobody out there who has come across this problem and has come up with a remedy? NOBODY ?:black_eye PLEASE, PLEASE !!!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Steve,

Phone Ewen, his contact details are

Ewens Tackle Services
18 Morar Place
Renfrew
Renfrewshire
PA4 9DP

Telephone Number: 0141 562 7871
Mobile Number: 07738 057 831

you'll get the correct answer quickly for the man who knows everything about these reels :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I take it you mean the right hand spool bearing, the part number for it is 055L965 or click here to go to mikes reel repair site. You will see pdf file when you click the link and when you click on it you will see a diagram of a penn 525 with the parts listed with the penn code for them.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi folks,Whilst servicing my Penn 525 mag noticed one of the bearings to be damaged. I have viewed the schematics and they dont have a part number and dont even show the bearing. The bearing sits in the right hand side of the spool holder and the pinion gear sits within it. Would be very grateful if you could help me ref. obtaining a suitable replacement. Thanks very much Steve:wallbash:
Hi mate if its the one i think you mean then there is no part no as such because its part of the frame. The bearing is pressed into the frame and are suppose to come as one unit. As already said ewen is you best chance as he may have a second hand cage to remove it from. If you dont have a small press or are not confident then send it to the reel man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts