World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang:thumbs:

Just moved up to live in Arbroath:clap:and i'm looking for some help:headhurt:

Me (John) and the wife love going fishing, but it's been awhile since we last done any serious fishing. We are used to beach fishing in North Wales (As that's were we used to live) Standard tackle down there was 18 pound line, with a 60 pound shock leader as we used to have to cast a least 150 yards to get near any fish:blink:

Now is this rig to heavy for up here? I really need help on a good rig set up and any easy places to fish, as my wife is not good on her legs:sad2:

More questions to follow:fishing:

All the best:fishing:

G

·
You need heavier stuff up here lol

Mostly rough ground around you there so i would go a minimum of 20lb/25lb line. 60lb shock required if you are casting distances but i use 35lb straight through as i am only lobbing bait 60yrds max.

Rig wise i use pulley and bomber rigs witha weak link for the sinker

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
i use the same as al but i use the kiss method loose less this way,the ground your covering is a tackle grave yard unless your on lunnan beach etc, the rock areas of the NE are very stoney but hold cod/pollock/wrasse etc through out the year.

oh and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum

the lads down your way will be 1st to help you (as like the mad once from the fife end lol )
happy hunting

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
welcome to the forum johne, along the the rough ground marks there are the beaches at Elliot at the south side of Arbroath and at Lunan Bay about 6 miles north, where you can still fish though I would shorten your casts to 30-40 yds max. 18lb line is ok but small hooks would be better for the flatties sea trout and bass you can get there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts