World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bit of info on 2 things if you guys can help me out please.

I have a Microplus 501 that has a 40hp suzuki onboard, currently doing 25 knots. Now the problem is as you are aware on Anglesey you have to have 3rd party insurance to launch, then the £10 a day launch fee's.
Well have got round the launch fee's as you only pay for launch not retreival & i tend to go out early. But always a but the wife is giving me grief over the £90 for the insurance.
Will my tub motor along ok on a 9.9hp as this means no insurance or launch fee's or registration.

2nd one is i have a bloke called Keith (ex-tankee drives a red peugeot) who is sorting me an engine out, i have left his number in my caravan in anglesey, if anyone knows him can you please PM me his number as i may have to cancel an engine he is getting me.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEHE nice one Chris, think they might suss out that the 40 would be a bit big for a 9.9.

If it will push along about 8 knots i guess that will do, thanks a lot mate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i would pay the £90 for the insurance, even if u had the small engine, what if something happened ( i hope not)? where would you stand/still liable , could people claim from you in that case?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a good point there, the thing is i can't remember Keiths phone number & have no way of getting it unless i travel back to Anglesey which i can't do coz of work.

So unless anyone can help me with his phone number i am snookered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just want to say thanks Swiss, have pointed this out to the wife & she has agreed to let me keep my 40hp, you can't beleive how releived i am.

The only thing now is it means launching before 08:00 so i don't have to pay launch fee's.

Still at least it won't take me 2 hours to get to the marks.

Chris am down in 3 weeks fore a fortnight, if it is ok would love to pop in for a brew mate.

Thanks everyone. :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Call in any time you are passing, try Craftinsure.com for insurance. Cheap online quotes, best by a long way for my boat.

Why not give the site a bell, they may know him or if you have left a spare key with them they may be able to get the number from the van. Even if you didn't leave a spare all the sites have masters for tourers, there are only 32 types as long as yours isn't one of the circular type keys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry Chris forgot to say i found his business card in my wallet.

Cheapest quote so far is £89 with basicboatinsurance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
my mate has a microplus 501 he used to have a 55hp on the back untill it broke down now he has a 9.9 hp that dose the job with a 4hp auxillery if you dont want the speed the 9.9 will do it.he uses his boat out in mumbles and the severn estuary the only other tip i can give is go with the tide the boat goes that bit faster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts