World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUZUKI DF60 WHEN REV TO 3500 ON MUFFS IT MISFIRING, NO LIGHT OR ALARMS THANK,S TONY:idea:WHEN LAST OUT MY BOAT WAS DOWN TO 12 KNOTS FROM 28 KNOTS P.S DID HAVE 3 FLASH THEN 1 FLASH BUT NOW STOP,

G

·
Unless you want to end up with a bag of zuk bits ………… don’t run it at 3500rpm on muffs with no load……:nonono:

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
SUZUKI DF60 WHEN REV TO 3500 ON MUFFS IT RUN LIKE PIG NO LIGHT OR ALARMS THANK,S TONY:idea:
As above, plus I think anyone who will be able to make some suggestions will need a bit more info than 'run like a pig' - misfiring? not firing on all cylinders? making strange noises?

EDIT - you've now changed your post to 'misfiring' so first of all try the easy and cheap thing of a new set of spark plugs.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
It may be shouting 'this twit's running me at 3500 rpm without load' and limiting the revs.

What does it run like under load?

G

·
3-1 is an IAC valve fault (Idle Air Control Valve).

If its misfiring then I would guess you still have an IACV issue and its causing the engine to run lean.

On cars, often these valves gum up and stick which causes all sorts of issues. Usually the only cure is to change the valve.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3-1 is an IAC valve fault (Idle Air Control Valve).

If its misfiring then I would guess you still have an IACV issue and its causing the engine to run lean.

On cars, often these valves gum up and stick which causes all sorts of issues. Usually the only cure is to change the valve.
can you post pic of IAC valve, not sure what it looks like many thanks tony

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it,s running lean and cannot get revs without load could be running out of fuel or air leak on manifold. df6o is fuel injected low fuel pressure lack of fuel comes to mind but needs to be checked by someone with diagnostics to see what the ecm readings are,otherwise you will only be gussing and it will probably cost you more than having it checked by a dealer.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
hi brian, the alarm stopet and the problem still there,do you now the price of IAC valve thanks tony
Cambrian Marine in Swansea are Suzuki dealers why don"t you just get them to loook at it ?
Might work out cheaper in the long run than trying to guess the fault yourself ?

headlight

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Cambrian Marine in Swansea are Suzuki dealers why don"t you just get them to loook at it ?
Might work out cheaper in the long run than trying to guess the fault yourself ?

headlight
With a modern engine, once you've eliminated the easy and cheap things, visiting the dealer is probably the best way to go, and make sure it's the correct dealer for the make. I know of an ETEC that was taken to a non-Evinrude dealer (I imagine for convenience as it was the outboard dealer on the marina) - they tried all sorts of things and spent quite a bit of money on trialling new parts until they decided they would call the ETEC engineer who took about 10 minutes to find the faulty part which was a cheap rubber washer type thingy!

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
With a modern engine, once you've eliminated the easy and cheap things, visiting the dealer is probably the best way to go, and make sure it's the correct dealer for the make. I know of an ETEC that was taken to a non-Evinrude dealer (I imagine for convenience as it was the outboard dealer on the marina) - they tried all sorts of things and spent quite a bit of money on trialling new parts until they decided they would call the ETEC engineer who took about 10 minutes to find the faulty part which was a cheap rubber washer type thingy!
Agreed :thumbs:
The OP gives his location as Swansea & Swansea has a Suzuki dealer.
The engine is 60hp so I am guessing it is on a trailer boat "ergo" tow the boat to the dealer & get them to sort it :clap2:
It would appear that the motor has had the problem since July without being sorted ?
I would imagine a couple of minutes with the diagnostics plugged in would give an answer :thumbs:

headlight

G

·
hi brian, the alarm stopet and the problem still there,do you now the price of IAC valve thanks tony

Looking at the boats.net pricing in dollars, I would guess that the valve is about £150+VAT.

The IAC valve is a critical component within the fuelling system. It controls the airflow at idle using a closed loop system..

As a rule of thumb, the ECU will be programmed with an idle speed and the ECU then sends signals to the IAC solenoid to maintain that idle speed under different engine loads. There are three types of IAC in common use, a 3 wire system, a 4 wire system, or a stepper motor. When the throttle is opened the IAC closes to a pre-set position which is often not fully closed. The ECU fuel table takes into account the air bleed from the pre-set position. If the valve has stuck open then there will be far too much air and the fuelling will run lean. The ECU will know its stuck, but will not know at what position so it cannot compensate within the fuel table. Usually the ECU measures the current flow to the IAC to know if it is working correctly.

As 'overdraft' has already said ............. if you have an air leak in the inlet manifold system (split pipe etc) then often the ECU will think the IAC is faulty because it cannot maintain closed loop control of the idle, and the extra air would make it run very lean once the throttle is opened.

If you get a zuk dealer to plug into the diagnostics port he will tell you exactly what the fault is.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Dosen"t the Suzuki also have a feature where when the engine is due a service it limits revs & sounds an alarm ?
Not sure if this could be the OP"s problem though as don"t know much about Suzuki alarm systems :g:

headlight

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Dosen"t the Suzuki also have a feature where when the engine is due a service it limits revs & sounds an alarm ?
Not sure if this could be the OP"s problem though as don"t know much about Suzuki alarm systems :g:

headlight
I seem to recall that my 50hp Suzuki did, also a similar alarm for low engine oil level.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.