World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to have a fish on worthing pier tomorrow but after my previous session where the sea had cleared resulting in poor fishing.
So this is where I'm hoping for some help on my decision from my fellow anglers who may have been out fishing the pier or local beaches.
If the sea is coloured up then I'm going but if it has cleared out then I'll wait till I can do a night tide. All feedback on water clarity will be gratefully received. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
On it now Peter ,clear water on the end ,packed out ,few doggys and Conger ,crabs stripping the bait in min's

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am not expert at all I just say something I heard from a fellow angler. Check online in one of the websites ((MSW does it, it is mostly for surfers) the off shore wind. If it is high in the few last days (rates colour red) it should stir the colour of the water.
Good luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Its clearing quickly with the big tides I would Imagine with the 3am tide tomorrow morning it will be pretty much cleared out.

Good Luck if you go.....

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies. Looks like I will give it a miss tomorrow and wait till end of week and do a night tide. Will still be out tomorrow , probably do Langney point from low tide.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coming from the surfing side, and having recently taken up fishing, one of the best sites for looking at recent wind history (direction and speed), is Windguru.
Here's a link to Lancing weather station. https://www.windguru.cz/station/204

From here in Hove, I've noticed the water gets a lot clearer after just 36-48 hours of offshore winds, unless it's been a huge week of Westerly or Southerly gales, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Pete, I wouldn't bother tomorrow, the water has cleared right out. I was on the end of the pier today (next to Mike as it turns out, although I didn't know until now) I had three dogfish in the end. A few other odd dogfish were caught and one small strap plus a bream. The weed was pretty bad around high tide with tons of the stuff clogging up the line but at least the rain held off. I was intending to fish it tomorrow but will go elsewhere now. Good luck wherever you go mate.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the weather was good even if the fishing was slow. Fished langney point from low tide for 3 and half hours. Water was coloured over the low but started clearing quickly on the flood tide. Finished on a bass around a pound &half , a just sizeable plaice and 3 pin whiting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts