World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just returned from a nice weekend at Manorbier, left the rods at home and took the wife and nippa on a fishing mark hunt (least she could do for making me leave the rods at home)

Visited lots of cracking beaches in the area and went down as far as angle bay, also managed to pop in and take a look at Cefn Sidan on my way home.

Im off back down easter and was hoping some of you kind people could help me out with the marks shown in the pics below. I'm hoping to fish one day and one night session and would like to know what tides, baits and rigs are best suited. Would be nice to know what I might catch (if anything) too.:g:

Thanks for your help dudes.:notworthy

Managed to fish Swansea West pier for the first time last Wednesday too, fished its nuts off but only dogs and whiting, still I wernt complaining!

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
hi the marks you have shown are all very good on there day the one you show at lydstep is a very rough mark to fish you would probably best float fish it or spin it for bass. if you follow the path to the top & head to yor right there are several better places to get some top action. freshwater east is a top beach mark you never know what is going to turn upit is best to fish it from low water up for about 4hrs into the dark with sandeel,mackerel, & fresh worm baits. by the time you come down for easter the mackerl will be showing at stackpole it is also a very good mark with plenty of dogfish. good wrasse, pollack & bass in close. did you go out to your right to barafudal beach it is a real stunner & produces some good bass on the evening tides.

anglers corner
1 pill road
milford haven
pembrokeshire

mon - sat 9am - 5.30pm
sun - 9am - 12noon

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi the marks you have shown are all very good on there day the one you show at lydstep is a very rough mark to fish you would probably best float fish it or spin it for bass. if you follow the path to the top & head to yor right there are several better places to get some top action. freshwater east is a top beach mark you never know what is going to turn upit is best to fish it from low water up for about 4hrs into the dark with sandeel,mackerel, & fresh worm baits. by the time you come down for easter the mackerl will be showing at stackpole it is also a very good mark with plenty of dogfish. good wrasse, pollack & bass in close. did you go out to your right to barafudal beach it is a real stunner & produces some good bass on the evening tides.

anglers corner
1 pill road
milford haven
pembrokeshire

mon - sat 9am - 5.30pm
sun - 9am - 12noon
Cheers for the info old dog, i visited Barafundle whilst at stackpole but didn't walk all the way down to the beach. I also visited manorbier, freshwater west and angle bay west. I bought the "fishing pembroke book" as I found the "fishing gower" book by the same guy ( Malcom halfpenny or sumink) and excellent guide.

Do you fish off the beach at freshwater east or of the rocks either side? Also when you mention stackpole do you mean the mark ive shown in the picture or stackpole point?

Thanks again for the help mate.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Cheers for the info old dog, i visited Barafundle whilst at stackpole but didn't walk all the way down to the beach. I also visited manorbier, freshwater west and angle bay west. I bought the "fishing pembroke book" as I found the "fishing gower" book by the same guy ( Malcom halfpenny or sumink) and excellent guide.

Do you fish off the beach at freshwater east or of the rocks either side? Also when you mention stackpole do you mean the mark ive shown in the picture or stackpole point?

Thanks again for the help mate.
yeah the beach at fresheast is very good walk about two thirds of the beach to your left you can pick up some nice plaice there on cocktails

the beast marks at stackpole ar all to the right of the harbour

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
hi elpek the plaice dont really show at fresh east until the end of may.pick a big tide and fish it from 2 back and 2 up in calm conditions for them,you can also pick up turbot, flounder,rays,dogs,but is a very hit and miss beach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts