World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry to bother you all...

Been aching to get my rods out again, but most of my mates scoff at the thought. I'm going down to Gower for a few days in a week's time, and hope to dangle my rod in the sea, or some river inlet - I have only course rods.

In truth, I was digging out my old gear and found my old Rod licence, 4 quid (concession) - in June 1990! I was fourteen at the time and had been subjected to many hours of sitting in the pissing rain with my father at Roath Park and a couple of lakes nr Newport. We caught Roach, tench, pirch and very occasionally, the odd small carp - all thrown back of course.

The experience was of mainly torturous blackmail - though oddly they are fond memories. I was just wondering whether it would be possible to use a couple of my rods and reels for a bit of relaxing fishing - Nowt heavy...

I have a 9 foot ledger rod that looks fairly sturdy (in a bendy way), and an ancient cheapo 6 footer that I had as I my first rod. I also have a couple of D.A.M 140 reels. God knows?

I thought that if I used stronger lines and a couple of spinners (whatever they are? - I used to use lightweight floats - 2bb etc), it might be a passable makeshift rig? I dunno.

Any advice would be welcome, and yes I'm googling as I type.

Andy

·
Registered
437 Posts
a warm welcome to the site m8 i would expect johnboy to give you all the info you need about the area give him time to wake up m8...lol...clive

1 - 2 of 2 Posts