World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, need some help. As a committed shore fisherman i have the chance to go on a few Charter trips after Bream & Bass soon,out of Lymington..
Just wondering what rigs would be needed for the 2 species on the boat,i will be using a Shimano Antares 6-12lb class rod, Abu 6600ld reel,loaded with 22lb braid + mono leader...Baits will be Rag,Squid,cuttle,mackeral + live sandeel.
All info appreciated..:)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Guys, need some help. As a committed shore fisherman i have the chance to go on a few Charter trips after Bream & Bass soon,out of Lymington..
Just wondering what rigs would be needed for the 2 species on the boat,i will be using a Shimano Antares 6-12lb class rod, Abu 6600ld reel,loaded with 22lb braid + mono leader...Baits will be Rag,Squid,cuttle,mackeral + live sandeel.
All info appreciated..:)
Depends on what lead you have to use - but I use a med spinning rod and a 6600LD loaded with 10lb and basically a scratcher rig with 2 x No2 wire hooks for the Bream. For Bass I use either the same rod or a 12lb IGFA, another 6600LD loaded with 15lb and a flowing trace made of Fluoro with a 6/0 baitholder on the business end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts