World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have recently decided that i am going to buy a boat. have done a fair bit of research looking at warroir's predators etc at 16' ish and would like any advise at all . my buget is around 4000-4500. its all totaly new to me as have been a shore angler for past 30 yrs. am also looking for advice on any seamanship coarses too. thanks andy

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
As it happens ;) I can point you towards a discounted PB2 course-£200 rather than the normal price of £250.
It's nothing to do with me bar the guy running it is a friend. His words below.

"We have a Powerboat Level 2 course running out of Haslar Sea School on the 30th April and 1st May (Monday and Tuesday Next Week).

Last Minute Discount - 20% off our list price of £250, bringing this down to £200 a head.

Contact [email protected] or call me on 023 929 88847 if interested."

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hi Andy

Check out my web site, see signature below for the link, it might give you some ideas on what owners think of their boats.

For the money you have available I doubt you will find a good Warrior however there are a good number of similar styled boats for that budget. Also look out for the Endevour 500 and Explorer Elite.

As been suggested many times, write a list of what you want, what you would like and what you could live with. Then go and try a few boats to see if they fit into your ticked boxes.

Good luck and keep us advised on what you end up buying, with pictures as well.

Regards

Dave
:boat:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for your replys, very interesting and helpfull website there dave. i am still looking and trying to read as much as i can to help me get more idea of what is available, i have spotted a few in the boats and outboards site .F142961 is a 16foot wilson flyer at £2800 does this seem reasanable oand any veiws on this boat . thanks again andy

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sounds OK, but it is the engine and trailer that are the critical parts, Wilson Flyers are good fishing boats and you will learm a lot, but check out the motor, thats were your money goes and a bad trailer will stop you getting onto the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts