World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, im coming to the southwest, plymouth to be precise, for some fishing and watching my fave footy team preston. i will be arriving on friday the 27th of april and as i usaully head towards hopes nose in torquay, but i thought id try a mark near plymouth. im after a rock or beach mark to fish in daylight, better a rock mark with deepish water, and i wouldnt mind having a bash at wrasse and pollock and anything else that may be around. somewhere that isnt too difficult to find would be easier. :)

can you tell me the best local bait for these fish, as i use rag worm when going for them in wales and the best place to buy it. :g:

im not new to rock fishing and was thinking something like stoke point would be good, but you cant beat local knowledge. other venues on google maps is heybrook bay, bovisand or wembury rock marks. so its over to you guys. cheers in advance from the roof!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
i don't know that area very m8, but there's quite a few that do. I'm sure you'll have loads of suggestions soon. RTF is the one to ask ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi mate,

What date you planning on coming down? if I'm not working I can show you what's what... just as long as Preston don't win that is!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the replys. thanks for the private messages recieved with some good suggested marks and help. :notworthy

hopefully the end of april will have some decent weather for me and the fish will show. when i fished hopes nose in april i had over 40 wrasse, pollock and a 4lb bass to show for my afternoon effort at low water near the poo pipe. didnt disturb the mullet men tho. are they still there everyday? fished it 7 times and they have been there everytime. trouble is, pne have not played torquay since 1996 so not been since. shame. hope plymouth area makes up for it.

'Hi mate,
What date you planning on coming down? if I'm not working I can show you what's what... just as long as Preston don't win that is!!!'

pne better win we may need the points to go up. :clap2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts