World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , any advice i need to get a new boat rod i want a 7ft 6 in capable of taking 1lb lead for general bottom fishing and jigging ive looked at ugly sticks but they have a very thin tip ? both my present rods are the other way, my friends reckon im fishing with a telegraph pole!!
can any one recommend a rod that isnt bent double before a fish is on but has a good action

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Lots of guys favour the light gear but for an all round do everything bait fishing, wrecking, conger the Abu Suv Pro 20-30lb rod is great. Several of my charter team have them. Good tip action if bait fishing which acts as the shock absorber when wrecking, then steady progressive curving as heavier weights are lifted. Well built and strong rings. I am very pleased with mine!

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
hi , any advice i need to get a new boat rod i want a 7ft 6 in capable of taking 1lb lead for general bottom fishing and jigging ive looked at ugly sticks but they have a very thin tip ? both my present rods are the other way, my friends reckon im fishing with a telegraph pole!!
can any one recommend a rod that isnt bent double before a fish is on but has a good action
:clap2:Shakespeare Sporting Braid 20/30, 8ft long, lovely bite detection and handles big fish well and the bonus is, it's discontinued and you can get them for £60.:clap2:

·
Registered
451 Posts
You won't go far wrong with a Kenzaki.

Avoid the Imax 20/30 though, the useless piece of ***t snapped 18" off the tip in my garden before I'd even used it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Kenzaki for me too, great rod mine is really nice to work and use but enough strength to get a skate or hound upto the boat in a strong tide run (where i fish)

Try a sl30sh reel with it (also recomended by excel who adviced me on my set up)
My rods the 20/30 braid and is the new 3 section one.

Love it

The abu seruran look great too

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi,
I have an Abu Suveran (braid) and Kenzaki - both I rate as excellent, probably the Kenzaki has a softer action (?), but excellent bits of kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts