World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I this year I'm rigging up 2 down riggers to my boat. Most of the information on the web goes straight to the states. There's loads of galleys in the Solent Has any one tried this with any success

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I've done a bit of researching and if you get it right, it just fish to hook no lead weight. my plan in thinking is to drift, then down rig back.

·
Registered
25,150 Posts
What species do you want to target and in what sort of depth of water????? I may be able to help???

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
plenty of good deep diving plugs on the market that will do the `job` without the use of downriggers..if you need to go deep..then use leadcore trolling line.....leadcore made a big difference to my deep trolling exploits ...!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting concepts, however all right.

Snagging could be an issue, but I'm thinking sand bars. All fishing loses are costly. I'm going DIY.

Thanks for the help, it's a real issue of liking the type over it light tackle drift, one down stream, one up

And yes expensive for return of what

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe trolling in uncharted water would be considered wreck less, however using the rigs in a back lead method could work, I've often fished and just went its ( in my mind not fish able , pack up and go) it really still is possible without the 2lb of lead bit like back leading.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts