World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused on the tide times. The tide book says high tide will be at 11:14 saturday morning, but looking elsewhere online it says high tide is at 10:10 (national oceanography center and gowerlive.com) should I add an hour to this time? And depending on which time is correct what time should I get down to Rhossili to give myself enough time to walk over the causeway?:unsure:

Thanks in advance:thumbs:

·
Registered
214 Posts
You won`t be able to get on the island by walking over the causway until early in the afternoon. You`d have to be at the land side of the causway at roughly 1.30pm - 2pm so you can wait for the tide to receed/ebb away for you to cross.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won`t be able to get on the island by walking over the causway until early in the afternoon. You`d have to be at the land side of the causway at roughly 1.30pm - 2pm so you can wait for the tide to receed/ebb away for you to cross.
I was thinking of going down in the morning:unsure:

·
Registered
14,461 Posts
You might like to PM Roamer as he fishes down that way quite a lot. If it's your first time I would not attempt to cross over at 0130 in the morning ! Is anyone going with you ? Think safety all the time and please let someone know where you are going and what your timetable is .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might like to PM Roamer as he fishes down that way quite a lot. If it's your first time I would not attempt to cross over at 0130 in the morning ! Is anyone going with you ? Think safety all the time and please let someone know where you are going and what your timetable is .
Cheers, no I'm not going alone. 3 or 4 of us going and we all take safety serious:thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
be there at 1.30 am ish onwards then lol
you sure?, have you fished there before mate?,
as said about causeway is usually open around 2.5hours either side of low water (depending on tide heights)...

as low water is at around 5am, would of thought it was walk-able up till around 7.30am?:boat:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It appears Roamer's PM box is full lol

·
Registered
14,461 Posts
It appears Roamer's PM box is full lol
Typical of the man :huh:Right High water on Saturday at Llanelli North Dock is 1105 BST (Hour added) and it is a 7.4 mtrs. Tide which is quite high . So you should be able to go across by about 0730. If there is anybody in the Coast Guard hut let them know when you go across.
Hope this helps and look forward to reading your report.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Typical of the man :huh:Right High water on Saturday at Llanelli North Dock is 1105 BST (Hour added) and it is a 7.4 mtrs. Tide which is quite high . So you should be able to go across by about 0730. If there is anybody in the Coast Guard hut let them know when you go across.
Hope this helps and look forward to reading your report.
Excellent! Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help! :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
14,461 Posts
Excellent! Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help! :thumbs::thumbs:
No problems . Stay safe and remember what time to come off.
Good luck with the fishing .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good luck, you dont wanna blank out there lol its 1 hell of a shank
It's my first time out there. Really looking forward to it! Blanking is not an option lol

·
Registered
14,461 Posts
You really need to look closely at the weather . Might be worth giving the coastguard office in Mumbles a call tomorrow and see what they say.
As the other poster said it is a long shank so travel light but don't skimp on proper clothing , food and liquids . It has to be a comprise and requires careful planning and operation. It is good you are going in a small group as you can arrange your gear so you don't duplicate things.
I really hope the weather does not stop you from going .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You really need to look closely at the weather . Might be worth giving the coastguard office in Mumbles a call tomorrow and see what they say.
As the other poster said it is a long shank so travel light but don't skimp on proper clothing , food and liquids . It has to be a comprise and requires careful planning and operation. It is good you are going in a small group as you can arrange your gear so you don't duplicate things.
I really hope the weather does not stop you from going .
I've been checking the weather all week and tomorrow still seems ok weather wise. I'll be checking all day and tonight

·
Registered
107 Posts
the gower surf site will tell you the high tide and bottom tide times and other info like wave heights, well worth a look m8 and good luck tommorro

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the gower surf site will tell you the high tide and bottom tide times and other info like wave heights, well worth a look m8 and good luck tommorro
Cheers for that:thumbs: Is the site you refer to 'gowerlive.com'?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you go out there, fish the left hand side, its more productive, plus you`ll be sheltered from the wind..
Thanks for that. Will give the left side a bash :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts