World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this website today and need some advice, planning on taking my 7 yr old son shore fishing next week for the 1st time so here goes, I was thinking of Dungeness could anyone tell me when or if there is a high tide there and also would you advise spinning or just cast and wait and see? what bait would be good don't matter what is caught (if anything!) hopefuly something nice for tea!! lol.I haven't been fishing for years and as you can probably tell have forgotten most of what I did manage to pick up.... so any advice would be gratefully accepted rigs etc.Thanks for reading and hope you haven't fallen asleep reading this! lol.

·
South East Regular
835 Posts
Welcome to the forum

you can also try www.bbc.co.uk/weather for tides. As a general rule of thumb try to hit the beach at high tide. I'm not really familiar with Dungeoness beach fishing but if it isn't too snaggy (anyone else care to elaborate), then you can buy pre-made rigs from any tackle shop and use those. as long as you have a hook with some bait on in the water then you have a chance of catching something.

For bait you can try anything really... lugwork or ragworm, mackerel chunks or quid or a combination of each. remember you can always use the search option on this forum and find more information from there.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
If you are from Essex and I presume you are going to fish the day tide then why Dungie?
There are places in Essex that can be productive in daytime The Worlds end pub at Tilbury, Grays wharf and Proctors and Gamble can produce decent bass and flounders and apart from proctors you can add sole.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys, Jassyfa I didn't even think about the spots you mentioned but now I know they're there I might give them a bash,thanks.Only chose Dungie as I fished there with my mates many moons ago! lol:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts